• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta needed for M/M fantasy romance

Status
Not open for further replies.

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Found! Thanks all.

Hi guys *waves*

I'm seeking a critique for an in-progress beta reader for a completed M/M fantasy novel. that I'm almost finished with. This is my first fantasy, and I'm really excited and nervous! The story is around 55k.

If you want to do a line-by-line, great, but it's not necessary. I really just need some overall feedback on the plot and character interaction/motivations.

If you're interested, PM me.

Here's a very rough description of the story, titled "Malrith's Shield":

In the kingdom of Anscien, it is by the king's law that no beings except humans live on the land.

Kohaku is a dragon summoner, granted his dragon's essence by a transient witch, also known as "the wandering witch". Unfortunately, he wasn't told much of Malrith's power, the witch had left too fast, leaving him to learn it himself.

Sawyer is a hunter, working for the king and his Chancellor, to murder anyone who defies the laws. He's sent to kill Kohaku, but the summoner is like the man he's dreamed of for years. Instead of completing his mission, he lets the summoner loose.

Two years later, they meet again. Kohaku hasn't been able to summon his dragon, and they both work together to find out why, as well as fall in love.

Last edited:

Candor

Registered
Reaction score
I'd be interested in an exchange. I've finished a m/m contemporary romance that I'm at a loss as to where to start editing.

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Bump! I'm looking for a reader again, preferably someone who loves reading fantasy.

I can swap for something of similar length, but keep in mind I'm a slow reader.

Usher

Registered
Reaction score
PM me. I'm happy to beta read it - mine is a work in progress so I could send you it a chapter at a time.

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
PM me :D I absolutely LOVE m/m fantasy! I've just finished a writing project and I'm giving myself a few weeks before I start my next one, so I have plenty of reading time.

Status
Not open for further replies.