PDA

View Full Version : Ryder Cup 2014

mirandashell
09-27-2014, 12:51 AM
I think it's going to be tight this year!

williemeikle
09-27-2014, 03:01 AM
Yep - although I can't watch - it's making me too homesick. I used to live in Kinross, only 20 miles or so from the course.

mirandashell
09-28-2014, 12:02 AM
It's certainly beautiful country. I'm not surprised you miss it.

There's some very high quality golf going on. From both sides. Justin Rose is playing out of his skin.

mirandashell
09-28-2014, 01:24 AM
I know he's American and all but I feel so sorry for Patrick Reed. Those last 4 holes this afternoon were cursed by Gods of Golf. 2 lip outs and one sat on the edge. He must be in pieces this evening.

J.S.Fairey
09-28-2014, 01:46 AM
What an afternoon session for the Europeans! Lovely to see my fellow brits standing up and being counted - especially Justin Rose.

Never thought I'd be cheering so loudly for a frenchman though... ah well, Dubuisson has such a pleasing name (and he's incredibly cool as well!)

mirandashell
09-29-2014, 12:44 AM
We won! Again! Fantastic!

We'll be getting used to this if we're not careful. :D

mirandashell
09-29-2014, 12:47 AM
Have to say though, I was surprised and very disappointed in Phil Mickelson in the press conference afterwards. His comments were very graceless and I understand that he's disappointed but it was disrespectful to Tom Watson who was not only a great golfer but a really nice man.

I hope Mickelson has the grace to apologise when he's calmed down.

There was some great golf played on both sides. I don't think Watson made that many mistakes in the pairs.

Jo Zebedee
09-29-2014, 02:43 AM
nice to see the two Norn Iron lads coming to the party in good form. :)

Commiserations to the americans.