PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Barcelona. Advice?

efreysson
09-26-2014, 07:10 PM
I'm going on a three day trip to Barcelona in November. I'm going with a group and a guide so I don't need to advice on where to go or whatever. I'm just wondering about general things.

*Any common etiquette issues I should be aware of?
*Is the tap water drinkable?
*Are pick pockets a big issue? I wore a money belt on my trip to London this summer and found it really inconvenient. Of course I'll never know if it did indeed discourage a thief...
*The weather. The average temperature is apparently 12 C/55 F, but I don't know how that compares to the same numbers at home. Should I bring warm-ish clothes?
*Just, I dunno, anything in general I should keep in mind? Any bewares that might not be obvious to a foreign tourist?

nealraisman
09-26-2014, 07:51 PM
Barcelona is generally as safe as any large city as long as you take basic precautions. And te tap water is drinkable though I prefer beer

efreysson
09-26-2014, 10:19 PM
Barcelona is generally as safe as any large city as long as you take basic precautions. And te tap water is drinkable though I prefer beer

My experience with large cities is extremely limited. But I don't intend to go off on my own in the evenings or let strangers lead me somewhere.

waylander
09-26-2014, 10:25 PM
Pickpockets are a big problem, particularly on the train from airport into the city.