First book published!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlynn117

Registered
Reaction score
As of today, it’s official: God’s Play is out!

It takes a lot of work to get a book sold and published, but it’s an amazing feeling to know that here it is—this is the start of a thing. Couldn’t have imagined that this was the book that would do it, and there was a time when it looked like the options for selling it to a publisher or agent were slim, but it happened.

I met a fantastic beta on this site, too, who I couldn't have written this book without. Elaine was the perfect person to help me with this book, and it wouldn't have gotten published without her. There's also a treasure trove of links on this forum that provided a lot of help on how to query and edit.

This started out as a short story/novelette idea, but then it warped into something so much deeper, so much bigger than what I had imagined. Writing this story took me somewhere, and the people who initially read it were enthusiastic about making it better, helping it reach the level where it is now. For an hour this morning, I’m genuinely proud of myself. This book was written when I didn’t have a job and was really questioning where my life was going, and it’s possible for stories to dig you out of dark places.

wweisser

七国山病院へ&#
Registered
Reaction score
Website
metanautics.net
That's so wonderful, congratulations. I can't imagine the amount of work it must have taken to reach this point. Make sure you take as long as you can to enjoy it.

hlynn117

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! I like the cover.

I LOVE the cover. :) I'm not anything close to a graphic designer (photoshop 101, basic html, and wordpress templates are about all I can handle), and I am blown away by how great the cover looks; the inside design is also amazingly professional as well.

RJenn

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to have to download this - it sounds intriguing!

And many congrats!

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
Well done! Hope to join you in the ranks as soon as possible.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations!

Deleted member 42

Hey, congratulations on publication!

But that image, lovely though it is, is exceedingly large. It needs to be no larger than 800 x 200 pixels.

The reason it needs to be smaller is that we have a lot of members on dial-up, and the thread freezes for them as their modems frantically try to load the image. And we have a lot of members in places where they pay a data fee in addition to paying their ISP, so large images are expensive.

We have an FAQ on sigs: FAQ: Everything You Wanted to Know About Signatures or Sigs

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
:TheWave:CONGRATULATIONS! How fantastic for you! Good luck with sales! All the exclamation points!

rsrdiall

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations and good luck with everything! Hope you and the book do exceedingly well.

D S LILLICO

Author of Xy
Registered
Reaction score
New author here too! Congratulations. What a feeling, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.