• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking - Grammar Beta Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mossy9

Registered
Reaction score
What the story is about: Medusa Kalypto’s New York City is a far cry from the drab gorgon homeland. Her city bursts at the seams with humans and fallen Greek gods alike. Here, Zeus is a barista, Dionysus is a drug kingpin, and Hades is a best-selling poet. The city is also where she’ll discover if she shares the gorgon curse of turning people into stone with her gaze.

For humans, turning thirty involves reevaluating their lives and having mini panic attacks between celebratory margaritas. For Medusa, a gorgon with an all too common name for her kind, it entails finding out if she has the curse that will mean banishment to the Isle where her mother and other close-minded gorgons reside.
Meanwhile, the illegal blood oath she took with her ex-boyfriend Ares, the former god of war, has come back to haunt her, threatening the budding relationship with her new human boyfriend Adam and jeopardizing her life in the city she loves. With banishment looming in the distance, will Medusa find a way to untangle this new mess with her toxic ex? The snakes on her head are keeping their opinions to themselves.

The Ideal Beta Reader: Someone who is okay with adult situations, humor, and language in fantasy.

What I'm looking for: Someone who has strong grammar skills as I am addicted to commas and changing verb tenses. I'm open to some developmental critique if a plot hole is spotted. Fast turnaround time, if possible.

What I can do: I've been critiquing on a regular basis since 2009 through my local critique group. This group has produced several trad and self published authors.

Last edited:

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mossy, you might have better luck if you provided a little more information. Check out this beta request for a danged good example.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I am hoping to find a beta reader that who will focus on grammar issues. I'm not a novice, but I do tend to get a little comma happy and change tenses semi-often.

I'm deep into my final draft, and I would love a fresh set of eyes on this. Thanks!

I kind of couldn't help myself. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.