PDA

View Full Version : Does agent favouriting #PitMad tweet a week after Pitmad is over still count?

LadyA
09-16-2014, 11:05 AM
I've just had a super awesome agent favourite one of my #PitMad twitter pitches - a full week after the competition finished. Does that mean she just likes my tweet or that, as the rules of the competition stated, she is favouriting it to say she wants me to send her pages? On her website it says she is closed to 'unsolicited materials' at the moment, and a few months ago another agent personally recommended her to me but there hasn't been a reply to the query I sent yet, just an automated message saying she's closed to queries.

I don't know!

folkchick
09-16-2014, 03:29 PM
Yes, it means she wants to see it. Agents are probably still going through the massive amount of pitches from last week. Send in that partial! She's intrigued! Oh—in the subject line of the email make sure to tell her it's not just an ordinary query. Something like: Pitmad Request: TITLE OF BOOK.

EMaree
09-16-2014, 04:05 PM
No harm in sending it! Might as well take the chance. :)

Gringa
09-16-2014, 08:05 PM
She threw you a ball, throw yours back! Good luck!

Jerboa
09-16-2014, 08:20 PM
You can always @ her and ask.

Smiley0501
09-23-2014, 01:20 AM
I've just had a super awesome agent favourite one of my #PitMad twitter pitches - a full week after the competition finished. Does that mean she just likes my tweet or that, as the rules of the competition stated, she is favouriting it to say she wants me to send her pages? On her website it says she is closed to 'unsolicited materials' at the moment, and a few months ago another agent personally recommended her to me but there hasn't been a reply to the query I sent yet, just an automated message saying she's closed to queries.

I don't know!

Send away, LadyA. It means a request (esp. for that agent who I think I know you're talking about). She does look at #Pitmad pitches after the contest is over. SO thrilled for you and that book!!!! :D

Sage
09-23-2014, 05:06 PM
I think she meant to request, but even if she didn't, what harm would there be in querying her with a mention of the favorited pitch? Make sure to put #pitmad in the header, since she doesn't accept unsolicited queries.

I have a guess on the agent as well ;)