• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking a literary critique. New here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mmlaw95

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new here, and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in being a literary critique partner for me.

Maybe this person could check up on my work once a week to see how well I'm progressing with my novel. I'm currently writing my first romance novel.

Personal message me if interested, and I'll share my plot with you. I don't really want to share my synopsis with you on the thread, because I'm nervous about someone stealing my ideas.

Thanks for your considerations,
Maddy

Last edited:

Buffysquirrel

Registered
Reaction score
If you don't trust people here on AW not to steal your ideas, why are you asking us to read your ms? Either we're trustworthy or we're not.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with the squirrel. Suggesting we might steal, then asking us to do you a very large favor, is not getting off on quite the right foot.

Deep breath and start over, okay? Let us get to know you by participating here, in every forum which interests you, not just what you write. Make many posts which are not requests for us to do something for you. And most of all, do things for others. Every genre has its own Share Your Work board, and people eager for feedback. Help them out by offering yours.

Maryn, altering your course just a little

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Asking people to check in on you once a week sounds like a lot. And it's my understanding that people usually trade work to critique. No one here is after your ideas. We all have our own. Like others have said, spend some time on the forum and get to know people.

RaisaLlyn

Registered
Reaction score
Hey,

Not trying to disagree with anyone, but it does make sense that you feel nervous about people stealing ideas as your first novel is really a special and exciting thing. You don't have to worry about that here though because we're all writers and people have their own ideas. Even if they were to take your ideas, they wouldn't be writing it in the same fashion you do so it will probably end up being a completely different story in the end:) Hope that makes you feel safer here about sharing your novel and if not, no biggie.

I know this is a pretty old post, but I just want to let you know that I'd be willing to look over your story if you want - just PM me. I also have a novel in progress so it'd be really awesome if we could exchange stories and give each other advice through email or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.