PDA

View Full Version : My NCAA bracket just imploded.

mdin
03-24-2006, 07:16 AM
Damn you, Duke. Damn you to hell.

samgail
03-24-2006, 07:39 AM
over-rated
over-rated
over-rated
over-rated

Your bosses wife will win the pool because she picked all the teams her kid drooled on, it is a given. I am sorry for your loss, I hope you did not have the rent riding on them.
Sam

Haggis
03-24-2006, 08:27 AM
Mixed feelings here. I hate Duke, but I had them all the way into the finals. Duck sucks.

mdin
03-24-2006, 10:23 AM
Mixed feelings here. I hate Duke, but I had them all the way into the finals. Duck sucks.

Me too.

And you're right. A woman who picks based on mascot/shirt color always wins. Always.

Jcomp
03-24-2006, 06:00 PM
Hook 'em Horns!!

WerenCole
03-24-2006, 10:05 PM
I hate the Horns. . . really. . . what does a guy who grew up in Maine gives a ratsass about friggin Texas? It is like a whole seperate world to me. Plus, I was rooting for those scrappy WVU boys. . . they have a lot of heart and I had them going to the elite 8.

My Final Four= Gonzaga, Memphis, UConn, Villanova. . . well. . so much for that, but I guess I am still alive to a certain extent. . . three out of four ain't bad, so far.

I haven't been paying any attention though. I was at the bar with some of my new waitresses last night to witness Gonzaga go down, and they were mad that I was paying attention to the game as opposed to their smiling faces. When I explained the ramifacations ($500 pool) they were a little more understanding. . . I had to buy them shots to get them to simmer down.

LightShadow
03-24-2006, 10:07 PM
Was that UCLA win over Gonzaga unbelievable or what? Go Bruins!

WerenCole
03-24-2006, 10:08 PM
bah

Jcomp
03-24-2006, 10:14 PM
bah

haha!

LightShadow
03-24-2006, 11:05 PM
We'll talk further when UCLA becomes National Champs.

WerenCole
03-24-2006, 11:38 PM
We'll talk further when UCLA becomes National Champs.

I'm sorry. . . I seem to have a hearing problem. . . you did say UConn, right?

astonwest
03-25-2006, 04:46 AM
You mean Reddick wasn't the dream player that all the announcers kept insisting he was while they salivated over him?

That's the beauty of being a KU fan...you already know they're going to bow out early (just hopefully not as early as they have been the past few years)...

Go Shockers?

OneTeam OneDream
03-25-2006, 04:53 AM
You mean Reddick wasn't the dream player that all the announcers kept insisting he was while they salivated over him?

?

I could have told you that when I saw the kid play in High school. (We're from the same hometown) If you look up overrated in the dictionary you will see him.

Okay, maybe that is a bit tough on the kid, but he is not what he was made out to be. Never.

Serenity
03-25-2006, 07:23 AM
Awww... Duke lost. Well, us Wolfpack fans will just cry... with joy. :hooray:

Sorry, never liked Duke. The people around where I live (northern Virginia) are going absolutely *insane* over Georgetown, but even more so over George Mason getting as far as they have. Fairfax county declared today 'George Mason University Day'. What exactly we're all supposed to do about that is beyond me....

mdin
03-25-2006, 07:49 AM
Hey, I used to live in Fairfax County. I lived in Springfield.

Haggis
03-25-2006, 08:02 AM
OK. BC blew it. I'm officially dead now.:cry:

blacbird
03-25-2006, 08:19 AM
Mine imploded opening night, but it has been entertaining. Can't remember so many improbable come-from-behinds-and-win-on-weird-finishes. My final four darkhorse was Iowa, who came into the tournament as a nasty blue-collar no-superstar boring-as-hell beat-you-with-defense-anyway team that had won a host of games in the last five minutes just by being relentless and in better physical shape than their opponents. They held somebody, I think it was Minnesota, to something like 38 points in one game this year. So what do they do? Blow a 17-point lead with 8 minutes left and lose by a point.

But my overall pic was Memphis, so I'm still alive for some degree of honor.

caw.

Haggis
03-25-2006, 08:23 AM
I've got Memphis too, but it's too little too late. The Big Ten let me down. 'Course I've still got Michigan in the NIT, not that anyone is doing brackets on that.

samgail
03-25-2006, 08:42 AM
I could have told you that when I saw the kid play in High school. (We're from the same hometown) If you look up overrated in the dictionary you will see him.

Okay, maybe that is a bit tough on the kid, but he is not what he was made out to be. Never.

Adam Morrison is a media hyped mirage also, we are probably the only non Zag fans were we live and everybody is so bummed about them losing. Come on people, can ya say WCC!!

BC and WVU were my sentimental favorites and George Mason was my dark horse to make it the farthest. I also predicted Duke bowing out early. Two for two-I'll take that right now. My Bama boys are out so I'm sticking with an old school tournament caliber team hmmm Hoyas, Villanova, Hoyas, Villanova-hmmm Huskies??? but which one...
Sam

WerenCole
03-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Well now. . .

can anybody say UCONN?

beat me, if you can. . .

mdin
03-27-2006, 07:13 AM
Well, my bracket has gone from imploded to incinerated. I don't have a single final four team right.

Jcomp
03-27-2006, 07:41 AM
Well now. . .

can anybody say UCONN?

beat me, if you can. . .

U-who?

WerenCole
03-27-2006, 08:44 AM
Right.

Good for George Mason. . . I attend a CAA school and those guys were tough on us this year. If a team had to beat UCONN I don't mind it being George Mason.

Jcomp
03-27-2006, 10:14 AM
Right.

Good for George Mason. . . I attend a CAA school and those guys were tough on us this year. If a team had to beat UCONN I don't mind it being George Mason.

They've definitely catapulted into "sentimental favorite" territory. So much so that I think if they don't reach the finals it'll be a let down for a lot of fans.

NeuroFizz
03-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Let's hear it for the Colonial Athletic Association. Too bad UNC Wilmington didn't get that overtime win over George Washington. They gave some of the Big Ten schools fits early in the season. And, kudos to George Mason. Good coaching, good defense, and good hard work can have in impact in the college game. And, don't say they are flukes. They beat Michigan State, North Carolina, Wichita State, and now UConn to get where they are. Don't say luck, either. A team has to play thirty-nine minutes and fifty seconds eye-to-eye with their opponent to have that ten seconds of luck make a difference.

Serenity
03-27-2006, 05:22 PM
I would have put this up yesterday, but was tied to my living room couch with a 102 fever...

GO GMU! :TheWave:

Now, I admit that I'm not much of a basketball fan. The only time I usually watch is during the NCAA tournament. But this game was just plain *exciting*... that, and the fact that UCONN just needed to be knocked down a peg or two (with apologies to UCONN fans, of course). But really, how often does an 11th seed get to the final four? The last time I can think of was LSU back in 1986. And now there are no #1 seeds left, and that's a first since the tournament expanded in 1985. Ain't life grand?

mdin
03-28-2006, 12:15 AM
For the record, there's a woman at my work who has 3 teams in the final four bracket--including G. Mason--and she's kicking everyone else's ***. She's pretty much already won. She hasn't watched a basketball game in her life.

Haggis
03-28-2006, 12:38 AM
For the record, there's a woman at my work who has 3 teams in the final four bracket--including G. Mason--and she's kicking everyone else's ***. She's pretty much already won. She hasn't watched a basketball game in her life.

Picked the uniform colors. Right?

AprilBoo
03-28-2006, 01:53 AM
I had to jump in - two pages of this thread and no one has mentioned my alma mater, the Duke-slayers:

L S U

in their first Final Four appearance in 20 years

Geaux Tigers!!!!!!
:e2cheer: :e2cheer: :e2cheer: :e2cheer: :e2cheer: :e2cheer: :e2cheer: :e2cheer: :e2cheer: :e2cheer:

astonwest
03-28-2006, 04:40 AM
I knew there was a good reason I never fill out brackets anymore...