Clothesline basket

lottarobyn

Registered
Reaction score
Any sewers made one of these? If not, I wanted to share because it's pretty neat:
http://onmyhonoriwilltry.blogspot.com/2012/01/cotton-clothesline-baskets.html
(not my blog, but she has good, detailed instructions)

We made them in my sewing circle last month and it's stuck with me - super easy and the end result looks very professional. I made little handles on mine. I've also seen people wrap the clothesline in scraps of fabric before coiling (waaaay too tedious for me, but the result looks cool) or dip parts of the basket in dye. Though the plain basket looks pretty great on its own. I plan on making several and giving them as Christmas gifts this year.

Of course, when I proudly showed my boyfriend what I'd done, he immediately started poking at the holes (I wasn't paying attention as much as I should've the entire time, so my stitches occassionally ran off course). C'mon, man! It's my learning project; it won't be perfect! :p

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
I love that! I was reading the link before I finished your post, and I was thinking I'd love it with handles. I wonder if it could make for a market basket...

Also, boo your BF. Those off-course stitches add to the homespun appeal ;) I think it would make a great gift idea. Thanks for sharing.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Very cool. I don't know about you all, but my house's clutter problems can be improved by putting a bunch of things in a nice basket, as if that's where they belonged. I may even have some clothesline to practice on--probably in some basket.

Maryn, glad you shared this