Worldbuilding

samtaztic

storyteller
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I was hoping to have a thread dedicated to worldbuilding in SFF. From discussing basic infrastructure to politics and religions of worlds created to brainstorming.

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
None of the 55 other threads about worldbuilding would do?

Sorry. Turns out it's forty threads.

And that's just in the SFF subforum. I'm sure I'd find more if I expanded the search.

I'm sorry if that sounds snarky, but I really think you'd be better served by having searched and utilized existing threads for this conversation.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
The problem with long, continuous threads is it can become very hard to find a particular issue that was brought up on, say, page 52 of the thread when it's now on page 128. Shorter, more focused threads are arguably easier to search.

Though I've often found it frustratingly difficult to track down an individual post I saw somewhere on these forums months or a year ago, even using the search function. Especially if I don't remember exact wording or the title of the thread it was in.

SamCoulson

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, perhaps one, or each of those sub elements you mentioned would be useful as a thread topic (such as worldbuilding, how people brainstorm and develop their worlds) to capture some ideas/methods. But this is too general to really have a good response.