• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta reader wanted for Urban Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carmen Baxter

Writing as Carmen Baxter
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

My first book is due out in February next year, but I'm looking for a beta reader for my new book. It's not the sequel and in fact quite a departure from the first book.

It's got a lot raunchier than I'd intended (it's not erotic, but has a few uncurtained bed scenes). The main character discovers she has satyr genes, and an increased libido is just one of the things to mess up her life. But that's not all. A statue in her possession garners the attention of a bunch of demons, her boss goes missing, and an old foe shows renewed interest in her.
One of the highlights for me as the writer is the chemistry between the main character and her best friend.

I'll finish my edit mid-September, but wanted to put out my feelers to see if anyone would be willing to beta read. My regular writing partner is busy with her own books, so I'm kind of writing without a safety net, which is terrifying, to tell you the truth. I'm not looking for a line-edit, but more for advice on pace, plot holes, general impression, that sort of thing. I already have one highly supportive beta reader lined up, but I want to make this book the best it can be, so I'm looking for one or two more.

Unfortunately I cannot consider swaps at the moment, or at least not until late October at the earliest, since I expect my content edit back from my editor soon, which should keep me occupied for a while. Sorry.

I'd appreciate it very much if someone could take the time to help me out. PM me if you're interested.

Thank you.

Carmen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.