• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Motivational YA Writing Buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I'm indecisive about everything. I'm starting my 7th novel, even though I'm having a horrible time trying to write it, I know I still need to do it (or I'll go insane...and that's happened too many times before) so here I am.

I write YA mysteries/paranormals. Mainly about ghosts and hallicunations/mental illness, very dark and morbid most of the time. My 7th story is about a 17 yr old girl, her parents own a cemetery. She takes care of it too after school and stuff. And as the time goes she develops an interest to one grave-- a girl that died at seventeen back in the late 80's early 90's. She imagines what the girl's life was like, back then. The MC is a loner, but likes being by herself. Doesn't take crap from anyone. Has a strong spiritual quality about herself.

I thought for a scene further down the road, I can have a group of kids messing around in the cemetery, while her parents are away and she has to stop them and one of the girls from the group helps her do it. Then she starts seeing this girl in school, she's a new student. They become friends, yada yada yada, but the girl in the grave that she talks too, maybe might be leaving hints to her about her death? this is all brainstorming. But I thought for the big reveal, she finds out that the new student is the girl from the grave.

I was going to use references to Saints. She's a Catholic girl, her parents are church goers, but never push it on her at all. They put a lot of trust in her, so she has her strength from her parents. I don't know. I've written only the first chapter and need motivation. If this is something you might be interested in, I'd love to hear from you. I can't commit to a full length novel to beta, but I will most definitely crit the first few chapters and help with ideas if needed. That's all I got. (sorry if it was a bit much)

Lady Esther

I can say the alphabet backwards!
Registered
Reaction score
Hello Undercover :)

Are you looking for someone to chat with about writing? Do you want a beta reader or just encouragement to keep writing?

I'm writing a contemporary YA novel. Do you want someone who's writing mysteries/paranormals like you?

I could use a writing buddy too, so let me know.

PoppysInARow

Book Reviewer y'all
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds promising. I write primarily YA and dark stuff as well. I'm currently working on a dark fantasy thing and could use someone to bounce ideas around with. Not looking for anything major, but I can help toss some ideas around and do some cheerleading if you're still looking for someone.

Give me a shout if you're interested. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.