What do you Blog?

Gooch

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cinemafromage.com
Everybody's different, and have different ideas to share. So, where do you find your inspiration for blog posts?

For instance, My usually contains two types of posts, either movie reviews, or random thoughts and inspirations while out walking with my dog.

What's yours? Do you blog random thoughts? All on writing? Politics? Baking cookies?

Just curious to what makes us all tick!
smile.gif

DTKelly

The Rememberer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dtkelly.net
Life.

Mostly from my family, but also from dreams, daily routines, observations, etc.

I wanted to post updates on my writing and the like, but I find that I don't want to talk about that, go figure.

I stay away from politics, because I've found it to be very polarizing these days, and frankly I'm not up to the arguing. ;)

Basically, I write whatever pops into my head.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What Do You Blog?

Gooch said:
What's yours? Do you blog random thoughts? All on writing? Politics? Baking cookies?

Just curious to what makes us all tick!
smile.gif

Were you visiting me today?

My posts were politics -
and
baking cookies.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
My blog is about writing, what I feel about how my novel’s going and my insecurities. I also post about funny things my kids say and do. And sometimes I post little pieces of my writing, particularly if they’re humorous. I just use the My Space feature of MSN and the only people who have access to it at the moment are people on my contact list. I’m not even sure that all of them know how to access it. I use it mostly just for me anyway, as a place to vomit and experiment.

MadScientistMatt

Empirical Storm Trooper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madscientistmatt.blogspot.com
My primary blog is about cars. I try to keep it strictly about cars, but sometimes other things slip in under the excuse that they are about mad scientists. I originally started it as a "build diary" because I had people on another forum asking me how a project was coming along, but I've branched out to covering automotive news and how-to.

The other blog is dedicated to reviews of local restaurants.

I try to keep the blogs strictly on topic. My own personal life normally happens to be so dreadfully boring that posting about it would dillute the blog's appeal. :)

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
Mine mirrors my personal paper journal quite a bit . . . miscellaneous bits of what-not scattered in an unorganized way.

Marilyn Braun

Royal Bibliomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
marilynsroyalblog.blogspot.com
My blog is about royalty. I find my inspiration in news alerts and other royal websites. Sometimes a phrase will even trigger an idea. I love the subject and it's great because there's endless material to write about. My blog is mainly commentary and some satire, trivia, royal profiles, and I've recently branched into book reviews.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
I blog about things that catch my attention - and there are a lot of things that do --- oh look! Shiny!! Uh, oh yeah, I write about things that catch my attention and what I think of them. I write mostly for myself but try to be aware that there's a (small) audience and I want to entertain them, too.

I also see it as a way to hone my essay skills.

Fahim

Mad coder, lazy writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.farook.org
I blog about whatever is going on in my life at the moment or whatever is making me think :) Most of the time, it's coding, writing, movies, television and books. Sometimes it does get a bit into politics and often, I do get on my soapbox :p

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
I blog about my life with that guy. You know, the one just above me. :D

Okay, really, it's all about life in Sri Lanka and all the odd - to me - stuff that happens and everything I find interesting, which is everything from all the cows that stop traffic as they trot down the road to the lizards living on our roof to the water buffalo elephant hat my sister gave me to shopping in little hole in the wall shops to sewing shalwaar kameezes to, well, whatever occurs to me.

On the other blog, I write about writing.

Sury

Word Worker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bghosh.cavernreal.com
quidscribis said:

Okay, really, it's all about life in Sri Lanka and all the odd - to me - stuff that happens and everything I find interesting, which is everything from all the cows that stop traffic as they trot down the road to the lizards living on our roof to the water buffalo elephant hat my sister gave me to shopping in little hole in the wall shops to sewing shalwaar kameezes to, well, whatever occurs to me.

I found that so interesting, I had to hop over to your blog (the life one). Nicely done :).

My present blog is about food and I write it with a Peruvian friend. Great fun. I am also looking to start a "writerly" blog.

Sury

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
quidscribis said:

Your life sounds waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more interesting than mine!!!! It would help if I didn't live in the middle of nowhere . . . hey, look, that's an interesting tree . . . oh, wait, I just saw the wind blow that bush . . . did I just hear the sound of a car go by? Nope, must've been my imagination.

:)

razibahmed

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
hobbyecon.blogspot.com
I have 3 blogs:
http://write-translate.blogspot.com/ is about presenting Bangla literature in English language. Although Bengali is the 5th largest language in the world now and among Asian languages Bengali literature grabbed the first Nobel Prize in Literature in 1913, there is not enough materials of Bengali literature in English language.
http://asianbiz.blogspot.com/ is about Asian business.

http://www.southasiabiz.com/ is about South Asian Business in Know More Media Network.
My blogging history is just one month old but I have started to enjoy this work and if possible I will try to become a professional blogger.

Starlightmntn

Registered
Reaction score
I'm an aspiring writer (novels). I decided to do a concept blog of fiction, photography, and poetry (link below), to start building an audience. The greatest effect, though, is that it's shaped me as a writer.

Getting that instant feedback, seeing what people respond to, what genres get the most attention--priceless!! Before, I banged away at a novel or short stories, showed them to a few people, then hoped for the best on submission. Now I have a better sense of what unique angles I can give to stories to make them appeal to more readers. I encourage all writers with blogs to let the some of the "goods" out for free. Don't just blog about the 57th agent who turned you down. Promote yourself and see how much response to get. Then, start shaping and improving your approach.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Frustration, cooking, life, politics, writing, reading, movies, basically anything that bugs me or brings joy to me or whatever moves me so much that I want to write it down ;)

Sury

Word Worker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bghosh.cavernreal.com
Great blog

razibahmed said:
I have 3 blogs:
http://write-translate.blogspot.com/ is about presenting Bangla literature in English language. Although Bengali is the 5th largest language in the world now and among Asian languages Bengali literature grabbed the first Nobel Prize in Literature in 1913, there is not enough materials of Bengali literature in English language.
Razib, that's a fantastic resource. I grew up reading Bangla literature and tend to agree with you that information is limited when it comes to the English language. So kudos to you for setting up and running such a fine blog. I will be visiting it often :Clap:.

Sury

razibahmed

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
hobbyecon.blogspot.com
Sury said:
Razib, that's a fantastic resource. I grew up reading Bangla literature and tend to agree with you that information is limited when it comes to the English language. So kudos to you for setting up and running such a fine blog. I will be visiting it often :Clap:.

Sury
I visited your blog http://limadelhi.blogspot.com/ and it is really very useful for every South Asian living abroad. Thanks for it.

Stephanie

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.familylifeabroad.com
Mine is strictly about good clean, fun (and sometimes educational) sites for kids. It's a sort of extension of a links section of my expatriate site, all of it really started from my own experience of isolation as an expat.

Is anyone else "ghost-blogging"? I write daily posts for three different companies on very different subject matters: fashion, travel and business promotion.

Brandi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brandirhoades.com
I have several blogs, and I'm just getting them all up and running. I have a personal blog for me that sort of how my day went. I have one for my son as well since I live far from family.

I also have one called "Spouse of a Diabetic." I write about my husband's illness, his medications, and research, breakthroughs, etc. on type 1 diabetes. Finally I have "One Serious WAHM," which is about my adventures working from home.

I absolutely love blogging. It's great to be able to tell the world about whatever's on my mind.

Brandi