Something you're pretty darn proud of, though perhaps you shouldn't be?

Director C

needy
Registered
Reaction score
I washed dishes even though I still had some clean ones left.

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
I leafed through a Japanese book today and successfully recognized and identified the different hiragana symbols (I've been teaching myself how to write them).

For anyone unfamiliar with Japanese, hiragana is basically an alphabet. I didn't know any of the words and couldn't glean any meaning from the page. It was about as impressive as a kid opening a book and going, "That's a D and that's an F and that's a...wait...I know this one. Oh yeah, an M! Look at me, I'm reading!"

Last edited:

Dreity

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, this thread will help me feel either better or worse about myself. :D

I successfully cleared off the TV tray next to my desk yesterday. Over 24 hours have passed without me cluttering it up with books/teacups/paperwork/writing notes.

Instead it has a sweater, a hairbrush, a scrunchie, my Kindle, and an (empty) keepsake box.

I have problems.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have really nice feet.

Really - I do.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
I have really nice feet.

Really - I do.

Funny - I thought Australia went metric...

As for me, I tidied up by my computer, and I sorted the Pile of Important-Looking Papers on my bookcase. (Turns out that some of them weren't actually that important. Who knew?)

Now, if I can just finish the danged short story that's been fighting me for weeks...

Sinderion

Registered
Reaction score
I'm just about finished an "Off-season nano novel" lol. Let's just say I sacrificed a lot in the name of practicing just getting it down on paper >.<

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I kept my mouth shut when Mr. Maryn chose to park far, far away from the restaurant where he took me to lunch, even though we'd already walked for miles and he knew my knee was bothering me.

Hey, it was a meal at a restaurant. You complain, maybe you get fewer?

Maryn, who complains entirely too much anyway

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've spent or arranged to spend an awesome amount of money this month. I mean a total buttload! All on "wants," not "needs." I was excellent at it.

Last edited:

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
I made the bed. And no one was coming over to see it.

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
I paid my bills, and only one of them was late. (Okay, more than one was late, but the others had no late fees, so they didn't really count.)

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I bought a battery today! It was the right type of battery and everything. And now my much-loved little alarm clock is ticking happily again. Replacing a battery is practically DIY, right? :tongue

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
I cleaned the empty diet coke bottles out of the back of my car. There were many. Achievement!

Dallionz

Registered
Reaction score
I just made it through the last of four evenings where we had an event and didn't get home until after 10. All of this after having a tooth pulled on Wednesday. And I'm not a complete grump. A bit of a grump, but not a complete one.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Got a lawn mowed, washed the car, and got everything pretty much ready to go for an early-departure day trip tomorrow. And I still have about 45 minutes to squeeze in a little writing.

Now, if I can just refrain from killing relatives on said trip, that would be something to really be proud of...

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Tazlima, there are actually three alphabets in Japanese. The hiragana--curly letters, katakana--more angular letters for foreign loan words, and kanji which is basically an all or nothing kind of deal. I learned hiragana and katakana in about two months and was reading simple texts shortly thereafter, but kanji still kicks my butt.

As for something I'm proud of, well, got my books done, editing done, and now I'm gonna lie down for about thirty minutes. Have a great day, everyone!

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
I washed my husband's underwear, after he complained. (And yes he does do enough else that he has a right to complain.)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I rode the bus sitting in front of some very obnoxious teenagers, and somehow didn't get jittery-nervous when they got off at the same stop as me.

Believe me, that's an accomplishment for me! (But probably not for the average 30-year-old...)

Robbert

Practical experience FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm proud to be here, although I'm pretty darn sure there was something else I had to do today. :Ssh:.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just got notice that I was awarded $200 for winning (another) product-naming contest. :snoopy:

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Rock on, Laverne! I'd definitely be proud of that. I have trouble naming my stories. I can write them, but naming them is tough.