• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
I found a mentor!

Last edited:

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
joshua,

i'm not really mentor material, but i was serious when i pointed out your talent, and i believe that your gift, properly channeled, can indeed lead you to great successes.

hopefully someone who can guide you and act as an effective sounding board will take you under their wing; but in the meantime, stay mentally active, keep cranking pages out and keep that crippled self-confidence at bay. otherwise, it'll eat away your life before you know it.

-william

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
William Haskins said:
joshua,

i'm not really mentor material, but i was serious when i pointed out your talent, and i believe that your gift, properly channeled, can indeed lead you to great successes.

hopefully someone who can guide you and act as an effective sounding board will take you under their wing; but in the meantime, stay mentally active, keep cranking pages out and keep that crippled self-confidence at bay. otherwise, it'll eat away your life before you know it.

-william

It always mean twice as much, a compliment coming from you, because it's hard-earned. You know, I was seriously contemplating asking you, because I figured, at the very least, I'd get honest and thought-provoking appraisals. Of course, my worry would be you'd go Simon Cowell on my ***, but, to quote an old writing buddy of mine, "sometimes people need to be screamed at".

Thank you most graciously for your kind words:snoopy:

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
You'll all be pleased to know that one of your fellow, and most kind-hearted, AW-ers has stepped up to the plate, so I'm off to the escritoire.

Let the conjuring commence!

Thanks all:PartySmil

Status
Not open for further replies.