Need help: What is this emoticon?

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
Just checked the battered gray mailbox at the bottom of my long unpaved driveway, and found this:

japanese-023.gif

I can't figure out if it's a white pumpkin with squinty eyes, or a marshmallow with a cowlick. Either way, I can't get it to sit still. Definitely sort of "hyper".

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
I thought that too, for a few seconds. But then it started looking like a white Hostess SnoBall that accidentally attracted a few pink coconut sprinkles.

It must be some kind of shapeshifter.

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
It looks to me like you've got a bad case of cooties.

Careful, they're infectious. :tongue

japanese-022.gif

love-012.gif

Oops. There's three more.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Yep.

Although maybe if you'd noticed that before posting it, you now wouldn't the curses of the Miranda flying your way....

:badthoughts

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
I would call that the 'Happy Chappy'. Possibly the 'amphetamine fuelled overexcited happy chappy'. It depends on what mood I am in...

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
It looks to me like you've got a bad case of cooties.

Careful, they're infectious. :tongue

japanese-022.gif

love-012.gif

Oops. There's three more.

Come to think of it, you're right! I knew it looked kind of familiar, from somewhere or another.

One thing I remember from the elementary school playground: The only way to get rid of cooties is to GIVE 'EM BACK! :Lecture:

Last edited:

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
I would call that the 'Happy Chappy'. Possibly the 'amphetamine fuelled overexcited happy chappy'. It depends on what mood I am in...

The one that was in my mailbox finally settled down. I gave it a bowl of Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup, a grilled cheese sandwich, and a juice box, then turned on a Disney DVD. Twenty minutes later, the puffy little thing was fast asleep in front of the TV...

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Unable to say for sure. Will continue to delve into the mystery and hopefully be able to offer an answer.

Bookmarking thread. May take months ... or years.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
One thing I remember from the elementary school playground: The only way to get ride of cooties is to GIVE 'EM BACK!

Absolutely untrue. Vito obviously isn't up on the latest playground medicine. Mine is from Big Timber grade school, circa 1949. This procedure even prevents infection from dreaded girl cooties:

Draw two circles on the victim's arm with a forefinger, then poke within the center of each ring once while chanting: "Circle, circle, dot, dot . . . now you got a cootie shot."

Works every time. :D

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
Ok, I'm an English person and I have one question.

What the hell is a cootie?

Take a centipede. Meld it with a slug. Toss in a liberal sprinkling of girl.

Cootie.

:::Oh, boy, I'm getting it for that one:::

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
A horrible infectious disease that exists only in the minds of American school children. Girl cooties are especially bad to catch but luckily a good dose of the Feminism vaccine can sort that out for you.

All forms of cooties are eliminated by the presence of testosterone or oestrogen in the blood. The fact that this lack of efficacy of the cooties coincides with the time when boys and girls (and girls and girls and boys and boys) start getting interested in each other is purely coincidental.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
Absolutely untrue. Vito obviously isn't up on the latest playground medicine. Mine is from Big Timber grade school, circa 1949. This procedure even prevents infection from dreaded girl cooties:

Draw two circles on the victim's arm with a forefinger, then poke within the center of each ring once while chanting: "Circle, circle, dot, dot . . . now you got a cootie shot."

Works every time. :D

Thanks for the prescription, Dr. Chase. I'll use it the next time I have a cootie problem! :Thumbs:

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
What Spider-Lady said, they're cooties. Know how I know? She sent a whole bunch of them to me as alleged rep points for saying something witty, like that's ever gonna happen, right?

Anyway, they started multiplying and soon filled my browser. Now, every time I make a post, a cootie pops up, sticks out its tongue at me, and disappears. Thanks, Spider-Girl, 'preciate it.

:D

T Robinson

Born long ago, in a different era
Registered
Reaction score
It's a chicken..either running right at you..or a chicken playing a drum.

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I always thought they were head lice.

Just goes to show, one learns so much on AW.

:D
I thought it was a term for lice as well.

So much of the anguish over head lice could be relieved if we just started calling them Friendship Bugs.

mkEngland

Geektastic Librarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mkengland.com
japanese-023.gif

I can't figure out if it's a white pumpkin with squinty eyes, or a marshmallow with a cowlick. Either way, I can't get it to sit still. Definitely sort of "hyper".

No, no, see -- it's clearly one of those ghosts from Mario, only it's become infatuated with you. Don't look away...