Can Blogger make categories?

MadScientistMatt

Empirical Storm Trooper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madscientistmatt.blogspot.com
Is there any way I can get my blog on Blogspot to have categories with their own index pages? I wish to rig it so that I can have all of my posts on a particular topic be accessible from one page. Right now I'm doing this by hand - I have special posts where I cut and paste the URL's of all my posts on the topic. Is there a way I can automate this? Or would I have to move up to something more powerful?

Deleted member 42

MadScientistMatt said:
Is there any way I can get my blog on Blogspot to have categories with their own index pages? I wish to rig it so that I can have all of my posts on a particular topic be accessible from one page. Right now I'm doing this by hand - I have special posts where I cut and paste the URL's of all my posts on the topic. Is there a way I can automate this? Or would I have to move up to something more powerful?

Blogger doesn't do categories; you need MovableType or WordPress or TypePad for that.

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
No Blogger doesn't have a category option but you can add categories to your blog manually. Here's an article to show you how or at least, steer you in the right direction.

Marilyn Braun

Royal Bibliomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
marilynsroyalblog.blogspot.com
sthrnwriter said:
No Blogger doesn't have a category option but you can add categories to your blog manually. Here's an article to show you how or at least, steer you in the right direction.

Sounds great, but does this mean that I would have to categorize every single one of my articles in order for this to work? I have over a 100 articles! :eek:

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Looks like it. Hey I didn't say it was going to be easy. Maybe someone or all the Blogger users here should email the guys on the site and request a category feature.

Greasy Spoon

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, hey, thanks for the link to that article, sthrnwriter. I was just about to start making my own categories the way MadScientistMatt has been, by creating index posts where I copy and paste the permalinks for everything that falls into that category. But if I can get that search-based version working that'll save a ton of upkeep time!

(Conveniently, I've already been categorizing my posts they way they recommend for that particular hack!)

Thanks!

(Man, this forum is great.)