Full request but agent changes agencies!

quianaa2001

Registered
Reaction score
Wondering what I should do in this case! :Wha:

I got my first ever full request a week or two ago. *excited nervous shaking*
Before I sent it off I wanted to double check things, make sure everything was okay with my work. I'm being a bit slower than I thought I would be :/

So I learn through stalking the agent's twitter feed that they have changed agencies. I'm super super scared now!!

I don't know if I should send it along to her new contact info, or leave it be. I'm so very excited about this agent I have no idea what to do?!?!

Please help!
Thanks

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
I think I know which agent you are referring to and I believe her new email address for querying has been made available. If it were me, I would send my MS to that address marked "requested materials" with a quick note saying you noticed she was moving and her contact info had changed.

If you really want to play it safe, you could email her at the new address just to confirm that's where she wants you to send. (Some agents have separate emails for querying and receipt of requested MS.)

Best of luck!

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
What email address did the request for the full come from, the new or the old agency? If it's the new, send it there. Otherwise, I agree with Aggy. Find their new email address for querying and send it there with the subject line "Requested materials" and a short note of explanation in the email. "On [DATE], you requested my manuscript [TITLE]. At the time, you were an agent at [OLD AGENCY]. As requested, my manuscript is attached as [WHATEVER INSTRUCTIONS]." Or something.