For the adventurous writer: A novel in 3 days

NewB

Super Fast Turtle
Registered
Reaction score
If NaNoWriMo left a lot to be desired, if you thought NaNoWriMo was a cakewalk, try this: A novel in 3 days.

I still haven't recovered from the sleepless nights in November and I can't begin to think how stressful this would be! A novel in 3 days? Are you crazy?

One point to note: It has an entry fee. $50! And that is a LOT.

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
Amazing! I'd have to put my life on pause to do this in 3 days.
wink.gif

NewB

Super Fast Turtle
Registered
Reaction score
Vanessa said:
Amazing! I'd have to put my life on pause to do this in 3 days.
wink.gif
You bet! All you can do is breathe (if time permits) :D

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Breathe? This is a thing close to impossible, especially if you consider that you can't really revise and the first draft usually turns out to be horrible.

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
Three Days??!!??!!

Three days? Three.Days! THREE DAYS?

A writer -- one who is passionate about their craft -- could not have possibly thought that up. Something like that would push a writer into burn out mode and make them want to torch any paper or throw any computer they came across out the window.

Seriously, though . . . THREE DAYS?!?!?!

NaNoWriMo made me a complete stress case -- last year was my third year in a row and, like the others in this thread, it took every bit of everything that was left in my from regular life to get through it successfully. (or, what I defined as successfully)

Wow.

NewB

Super Fast Turtle
Registered
Reaction score
Forbidden Snowflake said:
Breathe? This is a thing close to impossible, especially if you consider that you can't really revise and the first draft usually turns out to be horrible.
Here, the first draft is what is being termed as a 'novel'. If you can come up with a completed first draft in 3 days, then you are a winner. You have all the time you want to edit and re-edit your first draft.

NewB

Super Fast Turtle
Registered
Reaction score
jennhollowell said:
Three days? Three.Days! THREE DAYS?

A writer -- one who is passionate about their craft -- could not have possibly thought that up. Something like that would push a writer into burn out mode and make them want to torch any paper or throw any computer they came across out the window.
I agree with you to some extent. This is not for serious writers. In fact, even NaNoWriMo has a statement on its site saying 'If you are serious about writing, then this is not for you.'

This is taking NaNoWriMo a step (many many steps) further. While NaNoWriMo was indeed stressful, it was fun, you enjoyed what you did. But, this is plain crazy. I wouldn't want to do it if somebody paid me. And they expect me to pay them for this insanity. Sheesh.

dreamsmadetext

It would be interesting to *try* and write a novel in 3 days. When I have extreme deadlines, I'm less likely to self-censor or second guess myself.

I don't think I'd want to pay $50 for the privilege, though.

This is not for serious writers. In fact, even NaNoWriMo has a statement on its site saying 'If you are serious about writing, then this is not for you.'
Is this what you are referring to?

Can anyone participate in NaNoWriMo?
No. People who take their writing (and themselves) very seriously should probably go elsewhere. Everyone else, though, is warmly welcomed.

I interpreted that a little differently. Not that serious writers couldn't do NaNoWriMo, but they should relax and let themselves have fun with it.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I wrote a novel in 2 weeks and almost died from the effort!! Three days?? Not!! Unless you have a death wish or something.