Your wish is granted...

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Granted. Jennifer Lopez appears in her next movie wearing nothing but a thong and a tee shirt. The 26 people who actually watch the movie start a protest movement to stamp out thongs forever.

I wish my trip to the dentist this afternoon is as pleasant as taking a nap in the shade.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Granted. You find that zen-like state while in the waiting room, then when you get in the chair and recline, you fall right to sleep (just like I do). Sadly, when you wake up, the dentist has a funny look on his face, and you have five shiny silver teeth in front. The pirate in the chair next to you is screaming about the white porcelian ones he got.

I wish the marine layer would stay all day and keep the temps down to a reasonable high.

NightWynde

Registered
Reaction score
Website
brigitta-m.blogspot.com
Granted. Oops! Did you say "marine"? I thought you said Marines. But don't worry, the temps have been sufficiently repressed in their cubicles due to the 7pm curfew. That should keep 'em down for a bit. Unfortunately, that curfew is doing serious damage to your party time. Ah well.

I wish muzak was replaced with a high-pitched scream that only telemarketers could hear.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Granted!!! And your fairy godperson appears out of nowhere and gives you a winning ( big bucks) lottery ticket and your novel is made into a movie which does so well, the first printing of the actual book is 500,000 copies and they are all presold in hardback! Life is wonderful and perfect for you....until the deaf telemarketers show up on your doorstep with ice picks and pic axes.......

I wish (still) that there were a polar bear in a pink tutu serving icecream to large mutlicolored bunnies at a nicely decorated table on the floor of the Senate today.

davids

Banned
Reaction score
Granted-Ted kennedy is scooping

I wish liberals and conservatives could just sit around a fire and do the coombaya thing while holding hands and seeing who could keep their feet in the fire for the longest time

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Granted, and we'll all roast marshmellows around their burning shoes!

I wish my butt wouldn't go numb while I'm in the middle of a marathon writing session.

davids

Banned
Reaction score
Granted-but TJ Maxx is not longer in the clothing business they are doing quite well with a new line of chastity belts for fat people

I wish I had a chastity belt for a fat person

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Granted; you canoed the whole way. Your arms are too sore to believe.

I wish the music shops here didn't have such a limited stock.

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Granted, Autralia become the dumping ground for all the '70s disco CDs that didn't sell.

I wish TV nowadays had half the quality of some of the things Rod Serling wrote in the '50s.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Granted. Youu published something that OFFENDS EVERYONE. You thoaught the Fatwah against Rushdie was bad...you just won't believe what the UN is offering for your head..on a platter!

RUN!

I wish the designers would come out with some reasonable looks for this fall/winter season that did not involve excessive belly button outage.

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Granted. The look this year will be long and layered. The hot fashion colors are Unripe Banana Green, Pig Skin Brown, Rusty Water Pipe Red, and Bright, Bright Orange. You'll look darling!

I wish I had a new suit.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Granted. This year's hot pattern for men is stripes! Your suit is Pierre Cardin, of course and it is a wonderful combination of Unripe Banana Green, Pig Skin Brown, Rusty Water Pipe Red, and Bright, Bright Orange. You'll look dapper!

I wish you had platform shoes with fish in the heels, and a nice cane, to match.

hjwilde

Registered
Reaction score
Granted - unfortunately they are a gift for you.

I wish the cats would stop scratching the curtains

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
Granted, they've turned their attention to dismantling the furniture instead.

I wish, um, er... I wish .... Meh, I can't think of anything - I wish everyone has a really great day.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Granted. We all have a FANTASTIC day whilst you sit and wonder why it is you've lost your mind and all ability to think clearly. But thanks, we're doin' great!

I wish I had something fantastic to eat for lunch today.

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Granted. Here's a Mr. Fantastic's chili dog with extra . . . uh, something or the other.

I wish I hadn't gotten slapped at lunch.

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Granted. He got slapped for picking on one of his female friends. I believe it was a comment about her being as bossy as a prissy, 12-year old girl.

(Not to worry, I get slapped a lot.)

I wish I could take the afternoon off.

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
Granted, unfortunately you spend it in the dentist getting that tooth seen to - see, you didn't want to go annoying that poor girl, now, did you?

I wish hubby wasn't feeling so rotten.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Granted, now he's feeling all ripe and squishy.

I wish these laptop keyboards were a little more ergonomic