Book-finishing bootcamp/cheer group: or, the "share our goals & hold each other accountable" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mallory

Registered
Reaction score
Book-finishing bootcamp/cheer group: or, the "share our goals & hold each other accountable" thread

First off, I want to say HUGE, HUGE congratulations for those who have finished works. That's absolutely incredible.

I'm yet to get there - I have a lot of stuff that's half-finished, but with the exception of a screenplay I'm co-writing with my best friend, I have a lot of difficulty with 1) ironing out details beyond the big-picture concepts, and 2) sitting my ass in the chair and getting the work done.

Since I've seen other people post about having similar issues, I thought it could be neat to have a thread where we share our goals, post to update with our progress, and hold each other accountable. If a few people want to join, it could help us motivate each other to continue bringing our ideas to life on the page.

As it's the start of a new month, I set a goal of 20,000 words of new content that I want to have achieved by the end of August. It's a moderate pace for me, not grueling but also not too easy.
Having my progress visible in my sig line is one way of keeping me motivated - in a "don't fail in front of others" kind of way.

I was thinking that if other people want to get motivated and track accountability in a similar manner, we can band together here to support each other, share our goals, help each other with plot holes and things that get us stuck, egg each other to not give up etc.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck with your goals! Not sure, but there may already be similar groups on these boards. If you don't get a response here, you might check around or ask a mod.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I have just the thread for you! AugNoWriMo and its kin. The threads are only tangentially related to National Novel Writing Month - every month people get together to set goals and track progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.