PDA

View Full Version : I'm new, and a little lost at the moment.

StephanieDNichols
03-21-2006, 02:04 AM
I was referred to this board, after someone visited my author website. I currently have a book ,that is in the process of production.
The only thing is, when I was researching the company, before I submitted my manuscript, I could not find anything bad on them. As soon as I signed the contract, it seems that information is finding me.
Now, I'm in a mess. I'm STUCK with this company and I have more books that I would love to get published.

I keep hearing good things about having an agent, but I have been so busy with work, school and my children and regular house work that I have not had a whole lot of time to do any research on them.
I really want to get my other books published and possibly get an agent one day.
How would I go about doing this?
I would really appreciate any information that you have.
Thanks again!
and I could kick myself for not finding this board sooner. Then I would not stuck with a publisher, whom will do me no good!

Stephanie

waylander
03-21-2006, 02:12 AM
Go to Agentquery.com and run a search for agents that handle the genre your books fall into. Also have a look around at the site's advice on query letters and synopses.

Chacounne
03-21-2006, 05:00 AM
Hey Stephanie,

There's lots of wonderful advice in the Backgrounds and Bewares forum of this board, and on the Novel, Non-Fiction and Children's forums as well. Feel free to mosey on up and ask away :)

Welcome :)
Chac