Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, he did.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Last THIRD of that book, god, I can't type tonight.

But yeah...honestly, I kind of wish that the marketing and editing and production of these movies would stop pushing the whole, "OMG, WHO IS COMING, I DON'T KNOW, IT MIGHT BE SOMEONE WHOSE NAME STARTS WITH AN S!"

We know that story. We've already been there. It's just as tiresome as the bits in the Star Wars prequels that were all about the coming of Darth Vader.

"Wasn't that all of the Star Wars prequels, Zoombie?"

Exactly.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Thorin caught a major infection of jerk in the last thing of the book, didn't he?

Oh honey, he sure did.

As for this. The trailer (like the others) is beautiful. Stunning. Gorgeous.

But I'm so worried that it will be another disappointment like the last one. Too "video game scene" and less substance. But, I'll still go to see it. (sighs)

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
I didn't manage to make it through the second movie awake. As much love as I have for Martin Freeman, I just can't see wasting three more hours of my life on this.

paddismac

Parasite free since '09
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't manage to make it through the second movie awake. As much love as I have for Martin Freeman, I just can't see wasting three more hours of my life on this.

Now see, I would gladly sit through a looped film of Martin Freeman folding laundry, and be mesmerized by it! (his facial expressions intrigue me to no end!)

I anxiously awaited the release of the first two -- on DVD, but this one is calling out to me to be seen in the theater. It looks gorgeous!

ETA: Phew! Had to come back and look at this -- I was convinced for some reason that I had written "Morgan" Freeman. He would be an interesting addition to Middle earth!

Last edited:

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
I heard the last third of the movie is gonna be split into another three movies.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
And the ending, explaining in great detail about every character who appeared in the movie will be narrated by Treebeard.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com

I took a friend to watch the second movie last Christmas. He snored through the second half of it. We'll be doing something else this year, especially now that I saw the trailer. I think the Action Barbie had more of a presence in it than the dragon did.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Peter Jackson confirms The Silmarillion film project. It'll be a decalogy, every movie will be longer than the one before, and the final movie will feature nothing but Christopher Lee reading aloud the appendix.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
Peter Jackson confirms The Silmarillion film project. It'll be a decalogy, every movie will be longer than the one before, and the final movie will feature nothing but Christopher Lee reading aloud the appendix.

There'll be a love triangle between Yavanna, Aule and Melkor.

Melkor will ride a sled pulled by giant spiders. "Yavanna wanna ride?"

Nienor will kick ass and possibly slay Glaurung.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Not looking forward to sitting through this.

I don't intend to, especially not at theater prices. Visually impressive as the preview may be, I'm going to wait for the DVD. If I get around to it. (I found the second movie an object lesson in how motion on the screen does not necessarily equal compelling story content. That, and PJ completely neutered Smaug, in addition to wyvernizing him; did anyone so much as split a fingernail in twenty-odd minutes of running in circles around the Great and Terrible Dragon? He had one of those little hairy morsels perched on his nose, and they still got away unscathed!)

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
I heard the last third of the movie is gonna be split into another three movies.

FTW!

I finally saw Desolation of Smaug last night--the first movie was so disappointing, I wasn't in a rush.

Ugh. Peter Jackson, why? Why did you ruin The Hobbit? I had such expectations after the wonderful LoTR movies.

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Willie, just out of curiosity, are you a fan of the book? It's one of my all-time favorites, so I had high hopes for it. It feels as if Peter Jackson was trying to turn The Hobbit into the Lord of the Rings, and it's just not.

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
Willie, just out of curiosity, are you a fan of the book? It's one of my all-time favorites, so I had high hopes for it. It feels as if Peter Jackson was trying to turn The Hobbit into the Lord of the Rings, and it's just not.

I'm a huge fan of the book - read it first all the way back in 1968. But I long ago stopped expecting movies to be anything like the books they were made from.

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
I'm a huge fan of the book - read it first all the way back in 1968. But I long ago stopped expecting movies to be anything like the books they were made from.

Well, that is definitely true. I guess I'm missing the cleverness and humor of the book. Expected too much. Actually, it made me angry while watching.

I think I need an intervention. :D