• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking beta reader for YA SciFi ~61k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sollluna

keyboards: useful for typing errors
Registered
Reaction score
I'm working on polishing my YA SciFi novel, Jaded, which is complete at ~61,100 words. It's SciFi with distant planets, spaceships, alien wildlife, and neural computers. It's been read by a first round of betas, and edited since them. I'm looking to get more feedback from a second round of betas. (With the end goal of querying etc. at some point after the next round or rounds of edits.)

I'm looking for general big picture comments: pacing, characters, which bits are most interesting, which bits aren't interesting, etc. Or any other feedback you'd like to offer.
I'm happy to reciprocate and beta swap, preferably for works in SciFi/Fantasy, or YA.

The first ~750 words are on the YA SYW forum here.

Story blurb:
Tai is dying. He's accepted this - everyone he has ever known is dying or dead. They've been marooned on the plant Jade. Their tech is gone, their ship crashed, and their weapons stolen. Their only chance is to steal the biomedical equipment from another ship that's suspiciously, conveniently close to their planet.

Samantha is bound for a new world at the edge of civilization. Unfortunately, life on a research settlement ship is mind-numbingly boring. Or it was boring, until her ship is attacked. As her ship explodes around her, Samantha escapes, crash-landing on Jade.

Samantha wishes she could go back to her old, normal life. Tai just wants to live.
The story is in first person alternating POV from both Samantha's and Tai's perspectives.

Please post here, or PM if you're interested.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.