NaNoWriMo - NaNoEdMo

Simran

National Novel Editing Month

I was one of the participants last year on NaNoWriMo but I didn't know they were doing an Editing portion of it this month. :Shrug: http://www.nanoedmo.org/

Hey Quidscribis, I just realized you're a moderator on the NaNoWriMo: Elsewhere forum. I was on that forum as well.

NewB

Super Fast Turtle
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I knew this. It won't be as strenuous as NaNoWriMo, though. You need to spend 50 hours on editing your novel. But, somehow, I don't find it tempting.

Simran

sanyuja said:
Yeah, I knew this. It won't be as strenuous as NaNoWriMo, though. You need to spend 50 hours on editing your novel. But, somehow, I don't find it tempting.

well, thanks for telling me sanyuja. LOL Just kidding. True it's not as strenuous but you're right not as tempting either.

Hey, how come this thread doesn't show in the listings? :Shrug:

NewB

Super Fast Turtle
Registered
Reaction score
It doesn't show up? Where? I could see it under new posts, I can also see it under the forum 'NaNoWriMo.'

NewB

Super Fast Turtle
Registered
Reaction score
You are right. I don't see the sub-forum either?

Yeshanu was planning to get rid of the NaNoWriMo forum. Is this a result of that?

Simran

That could very well be. Maybe we should PM Yeshanu and encourage a reactivation.

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
I hope this forum doesn't go away -- I like chatting about NaNo'ing when that time of year comes around. Helps me stay sane. Anyway, I just read this:

Q. Why March? FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
redpencil2.gif
National Novel Editing Month is held in March to allow National Novel Writing Month participants ample time to complete their stories then set them aside to breathe for a little while before diving back in.

Hope that helps! I copied it right off the link in the FAQ section. I heard of it when last year's contest ended and thought it was a good idea for those who wanted to really push to get the book they produced sold . . . has any NaNoWriMo participant ever sold the book they created during the contest??

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
An explanation...

After consultation with whoever wanted to submit an opinion, the NaNo board was sort-of closed. We didn't delete it -- we just hid it until next year. You're able to find it and read it by clicking on one of your NaNo posts in your user profile, but it's invisible from the main board, and will remain so until next October.

So I've moved the NaNoEdMo thread to the main prompts board, and merged Judi's two threads.

Have fun editing your novels!

Simran

Yeshanu said:
After consultation with whoever wanted to submit an opinion, the NaNo board was sort-of closed. We didn't delete it -- we just hid it until next year. You're able to find it and read it by clicking on one of your NaNo posts in your user profile, but it's invisible from the main board, and will remain so until next October.

So I've moved the NaNoEdMo thread to the main prompts board, and merged Judi's two threads.

Thanks Yeshanu. :)

Simran

jennhollowell said:
I hope this forum doesn't go away -- I like chatting about NaNo'ing when that time of year comes around. Helps me stay sane. Anyway, I just read this:

Hope that helps! I copied it right off the link in the FAQ section. I heard of it when last year's contest ended and thought it was a good idea for those who wanted to really push to get the book they produced sold . . . has any NaNoWriMo participant ever sold the book they created during the contest??

I didn't finish writing it yet but have a publisher that is interested in it when it is finished.

jenngreenleaf

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
Judi_S said:
I didn't finish writing it yet but have a publisher that is interested in it when it is finished.

That's excellent! I've wondered for a long time, but that's the first time I've ever asked. I've seen so many writers working so hard at this (there's a few communities over at www.livejournal.com about this), so I wondered about actual publications. This is great!

jenngreenleaf

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
Yeshanu said:

Great! Thanks!

Simran

jennhollowell said:
That's excellent! I've wondered for a long time, but that's the first time I've ever asked. I've seen so many writers working so hard at this (there's a few communities over at www.livejournal.com about this), so I wondered about actual publications. This is great!

Thanks Jenn. I wasn't aware of the livejournal site, so thanks for the link. Maybe I'll see you there. :hi:

Simran

Breaking News
2006/8/30

Server Moves!

Dear NaNoWriters, anxiously awaiting the beginning of a new NaNoSeason,

On Tuesday, September 5th, we will be moving National Novel Writing Month from it's current home in Philadelphia to it's new home in Los Angeles.

There will be a few hours of site down time during this transition.