A kick in the lady parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

efreysson

Closer than ever
Registered
Reaction score
(I'm a guy)

I have my female protagonist getting kicked hard in the groin while she's down. She's tough enough that she gets back up and kills the attacker, but I'm wondering how long she would feel it. She fights in a big battle about ten hours later. Should I still have her struggling to not walk stiffly?
Has anyone here been unlucky enough to be able to give me some general advice on the effects?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I don't recall even being kicked right on the pudenda, although through years of sports etc I probably was, it just wasn't a big deal. The delicate bits are inside.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
She should be fine for the big battle 10 hours later, but I'm a bit skeptical on the first scenario. I would guess the pain would be akin to getting kicked in the groin as a guy too. Perhaps you should test it out? All in the name of research. ;)

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
From what I have soon on the sports fields guys who get in in the junk often scream, and writhe, and sometimes even vomit. I've never seen that with a lady. I think it is not the same because they have external genitals that can get mashed.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I had a rather unfortunate incident where I, fairly inexperienced with horses, was trail riding. The horse, which had been previously moving at a good clip, stopped suddenly and I nearly fell off. I caught myself, pretty much, by the groin on the pommel of the saddle.

It HURT, but pretty much in the same way *any* blow like that to a fleshy part of the body hurts. I could function fine after.

To be honest, falling on my tailbone hurt more, for longer, and impeded my movements right after it happened.

Reactions: MaeZe

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Yeah, she'd probably feel still bruised 10 hours later, but the adrenaline of battle would likely overcome that.

While climbing over an icy railing, I took an unfortunate fall that would be a lot like getting kicked in the junction. It was lousy. I was sore for a week, but it was a bruise along the bones, so I doubt it would be as acutely crippling as a blow to the testicles, even as brilliantly painful as it was.

Reactions: Brigid Barry

startraveller

Registered
Reaction score
Although I've never been outright kicked, I have fallen on bars and beams during gymnastics and been accidentally kneed in dance. Like, it hurts but it's not debilitating. Hitting my funny bone is more painful than getting hit in the crotch. The area of nerves is way smaller on ladies than guys, so it might knock the wind out of her for a second, and she'd probably have some bruised tissue, but getting up and walking after that isn't going to be an impressive feat.

efreysson

Closer than ever
Registered
Reaction score
It can feel bruised for a while, but it wouldn't incapacitate a woman.

The area of nerves is way smaller on ladies than guys, so it might knock the wind out of her for a second, and she'd probably have some bruised tissue, but getting up and walking after that isn't going to be an impressive feat.

Well I wrote the scene after seeing some sports videos and reading accounts on martial arts forums, and while not as bad as the male experience it does seem to be incapacitating if the blow lands in the "right" spot.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Having been kicked there in a martial arts competition, it does bloody hurt. But it's honestly not as bad as it is for men. If I remember rightly, I put my right hand up to stop the fight at the same moment as putting my left hand on my bits, crossing my legs and squeezing. I also breathed out quite long and sharply. Then I stood up and took a few breaths, walked around a little bit and then went back to the fight.

In the shower later, I checked it and it was a little red and bruised but nothing serious. Uncomfortable to sit on for a few hours though.

I don't think the discomfort would override the adrenalin in battle though.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I've just watched the video and it isn't the fact that she got kicked, it's that the other girl is wearing football boots with cleats. That would be more like getting cut and yes, that would be horrendously painful!

PeteMC

@PeteMC666
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
talonwraith.wordpress.com
I saw a woman get hit in the crotch with a staff at a martial arts tournament once. She had much the same reaction as Miranda described above, but she took it a hell of a lot better than I would have done!

Dennis E. Taylor

Get it off! It burns!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
To be honest, falling on my tailbone hurt more, for longer, and impeded my movements right after it happened.

This is a good way to estimate pain. Carol Burnette once compared childbirth to passing a kidney stone (the latter is worse according to her).

I've injured my tailbone while snowboarding, and I've taken groin shots. There is no comparison. I'd rather take a sledgehammer to the tailbone than go through a shot to the 'nads.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
I've taken more than one shot to the hoohah in karate.

It hurts for a bit, but doesn't linger like the pain of a good shot to the face - especially one that hits right across the zygomatic. OWIE!

Judging from the male reactions when I've accidentally connected with a junk shot, even with a cup, I'd say there's no comparision.

One of the few advantages of being a female.

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
I was thinking about this for some reason this morning so I thought I’d chime in. I wasn't kicked but I ran my motorcycle through a fence when I was about 20 and dented the tank from slamming into it with my ‘lady parts’. It was painful and I was bruised and tender for about a week but I was walking around immediately afterwards and didn’t really notice it interfering with anything other than being sore.

I agree with Perks that the adrenaline of battle would overcome any pain or soreness she might still have 10 hrs later.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh sure. As young heathens we called a girl kick between the legs a "doink." As in "I'll doink you, bitch." It does not feel good but ah, not so bad really.

wendymarlowe

writer, mother, geek
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
It's also MUCH harder to hit "exactly the right spot" on a woman than it is on a man. It's possible to take a hit that hurts about as much as a good smack on the tailbone, at worst, but any given shot is much more likely to just feel like getting hit anywhere else - "ow dammit" and then you shake it off. Pretty much any impact from the front isn't that bad - the only chance of it being actually painful if is your legs are already apart and the impact is upward rather than forward.

efreysson

Closer than ever
Registered
Reaction score
It's also MUCH harder to hit "exactly the right spot" on a woman than it is on a man. It's possible to take a hit that hurts about as much as a good smack on the tailbone, at worst, but any given shot is much more likely to just feel like getting hit anywhere else - "ow dammit" and then you shake it off. Pretty much any impact from the front isn't that bad - the only chance of it being actually painful if is your legs are already apart and the impact is upward rather than forward.

Well, as I wrote the scene she's on all fours and he gets behind her and kicks upward.

C.H. Valentino

Wording!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chvalentino.com
^ Perks nailed it.

Well, as I wrote the scene she's on all fours and he gets behind her and kicks upward.

That actually has the real ability to tear something... serious, depending on the angle of the boot in motion. It has some breath-stealing power, though it is not as crippling as it is for a man. Also, you feel it, for days to come.

LA*78

Registered
Reaction score
Way back when I was in highschool a friend landed crotch-first on a balance beam. She couldn't walk properly for a couple of days. I think bruising and swelling were the biggest issues for her. I don't think a single kick would be able to cause that sort of damage. Also whether she got ice on it straight away or not would affect the recovery time.

ChaosKirin

Registered
Reaction score
Could also bleed.

I don't mean to be crude, but getting kicked there is a WAY more common way for an active woman to have her "cherry popped" than the way most people think it happens.

And yeah, it hurts, but it's not gut-wrenching pain. It's more like a severe sting.

Status
Not open for further replies.