PDA

View Full Version : What do you sing in the shower?

Lantern Jack
03-20-2006, 07:39 AM
Mozart. At 150 decibels. All that bombastic German masks perfectly all that bombastic self-abuse:)

Like Lestern Burnham, shower time is the aria of my day.

DamaNegra
03-20-2006, 07:45 AM
Anything. Even songs I hate.

Celia Cyanide
03-20-2006, 09:41 AM
"Shadows Of The Night," by Pat Benatar

Simran
03-20-2006, 10:43 AM
Bollywood film songs in Hindi :)

Forbidden Snowflake
03-20-2006, 01:46 PM
Usually whatever is running through my head currently. Today it would be Supertramp - Breakfast in America *whistles*

PattiTheWicked
03-20-2006, 05:32 PM
This morning it was a tune by Panic at the Disco, but yesterday it was The Scarlet Tide from the Cold Mountain soundtrack. All depends on my mood -- and whether I'm taking the time to shave my legs or not.

Serenity
03-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Actually, I don't sing, I plot for my stories. :hooray:

jenngreenleaf
03-20-2006, 06:08 PM
The last song I heard on the radio on my way home from dropping the kids off at preschool. :) I'm amazed at how many songs I know the words to when they're on . . . but I don't when they're streaming through my head. :Shrug:

eldragon
03-20-2006, 06:15 PM
If nobody is home, which is rare since KATRINA closed my husbands workplace, I sing Sineod O'Connor tunes.

If someone is home, I don't sing anything.

It's not that I'm not good, I just don't feel comfortable around an audience.

Maryn
03-20-2006, 06:48 PM
Weird. I have music running through my skull most of the time, but I don't sing in the shower. I used to. I wonder when I stopped?

Maryn, who sometimes goes all day without speaking

Jaycinth
03-20-2006, 07:37 PM
I also don't sing in the shower. I use the sound of the water, and the feeling of the water on my body, to meditate and pull in the energy around me to recharge myself and make myself feel more whole and a part of this world.

Susie
03-20-2006, 07:42 PM
I sing a medley of clean songs.:)

Shadow_Ferret
03-20-2006, 08:26 PM
Even the shower can't help my voice.

My-Immortal
03-20-2006, 08:28 PM
I usually run the next few scenes in my head, or work out plotting etc...but if I want to take a break from the current WIP I'll sing - usually Roy Orbison's "In Dreams" or "Crying".

Take care all -
:)

Shiny_Penguin
03-20-2006, 09:18 PM
Well, I think I need help. Lately it's been that old 'Meow Mix' commercial song. You know... Meow, meow, meow, meow (repeat over and over). I even dream about it. I dreamed my hubby, kids and I were somewhere listening to a lounge singer. He was singing this song, only we didn't recgonize it becasue it was in FRENCH. As my hubby asked, how does 'meow' translate to French? http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/e2cat.gif

Godfather
03-20-2006, 11:13 PM
Weird. I have music running through my skull most of the time, but I don't sing in the shower. I used to. I wonder when I stopped?

Maryn, who sometimes goes all day without speaking

im the same... maybe its because theres almost always somebody in the house, and on some subconscious level, i dont like that.

but, i always sing walking around the house or whatever (unfortunately for my family)

Stew21
03-20-2006, 11:37 PM
I sing in the car - when no one is in there with me (ever since my 3 year old told me "no sing mom!" I don't even sing with him in the car anymore.) Don't sing in the shower, but I doI sing when I give them a bath - typically water songs - row row row your boat, Jeremiah was a bullfrog, yellow submarine, etc. they don't seem to mind.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/watstew2/boys.jpg

SC Harrison
03-21-2006, 12:42 AM
Salt n' Pepa's "Push It" (Get up on this).

Stew21
03-21-2006, 12:45 AM
Salt n' Pepa's "Push It" (Get up on this).

heeheehee...

:e2shower:

brokenfingers
03-21-2006, 01:36 AM
I don't sing in the shower, but it's where I do some of my best thinking, writing-wise.

rhymegirl
03-21-2006, 04:10 AM
Whatever song is on my brain at the moment.

The acoustics are really good in the bathroom.

Annabella
03-21-2006, 04:14 AM
I don't sing in the shower, but it's where I do some of my best thinking, writing-wise.

Me, too! My best ideas come in the shower. My notebooks are horribly misshapen from getting wet all the time.

Rob-rite
03-21-2006, 04:20 AM
I recall singing the Stevie Wonder song "Lately" a couple of days ago.

poetinahat
03-21-2006, 04:27 AM
I recall singing the Stevie Wonder song "Lately" a couple of days ago.
Nice place to sing that one -- no one can see the tears. It's a beauty.

Somehow, it's something different for me all the time -- but even stranger, it's nearly always a song I haven't heard in years. Been doing a bit of Cabaret Voltaire lately.

aadams73
03-21-2006, 04:28 AM
I sing old show tunes. Seriously. I have done so ever since I was about 5 or so.

Danger Jane
03-21-2006, 05:10 AM
Jason Mraz. http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/smilehooray.gif There is nothing about that man I do not like. Aah.

Rob-rite
03-21-2006, 05:35 AM
Nice place to sing that one -- no one can see the tears. It's a beauty.

Somehow, it's something different for me all the time -- but even stranger, it's nearly always a song I haven't heard in years. Been doing a bit of Cabaret Voltaire lately.

Yep, it's a sloppy one.

Another song, strangely enough, is "In your eyes" by George Benson. I don't know why as my musical tastes have never included the man.

Oh and "Ain't no sunshine" - Bill Withers. A great song enhanced by bathroom acoustics, (I often used to wonder, when buying effects processors why they didn't include, along with the various "plate", "hall" and "room" settings, a "bathroom" alogrithm.)

PattiTheWicked
03-21-2006, 05:39 AM
As my hubby asked, how does 'meow' translate to French? http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/e2cat.gif

Le mioux?

Shiny_Penguin
03-21-2006, 10:16 PM
I sing in the car - when no one is in there with me (ever since my 3 year old told me "no sing mom!" I don't even sing with him in the car anymore.)

This reminded me of my 6 yr old. When he was a newborn I couldn't sing to him or he would cry hysterically. Other people could sing to him, just not me. Well, except for Nowhere Man. That was all I could sing without him shrieking. Weird