PDA

View Full Version : The Title Game

Lillith1991
07-18-2014, 03:48 PM
This thread is inspired in part by the first sentence thread.

Rules: Give a short plot description/summary for a story idea, then wait for the titles to roll in. This isn't so members can get their work named, but more a fun excerise for our creative brains to enjoy.

I'll start us off: Magical beasts and beings were real in Earth distant past, and this is the basis of all our myths about them. When Archeologist Eve Marrina finds the first known skeleton of an Elf, she must protect it from the government, religious nuts, and other scientists. Because it just may be the key to saving the world as she knows it from destruction.

Lillith1991
07-19-2014, 07:17 AM
No one interested?

zanzjan
07-19-2014, 07:32 AM
Evelution?
Elf on a Continental Shelf?

Maggie Maxwell
07-19-2014, 07:42 AM
Elf on a Continental Shelf?

Oh my god. Game over. Close thread. Ain't no one beating this one. (J/k this is a good idea but holy omg Zanz.)

Lillith1991
07-19-2014, 07:44 AM
Oh my god. Game over. Close thread. Ain't no one beating this one. (J/k this is a good idea but holy omg Zanz.)

Haha! It had me laughing, that's for sure.

Greene_Hesperide1990
07-19-2014, 08:24 AM
Hmm...Elfin Bones perhaps?

Brightdreamer
07-19-2014, 10:43 AM
Paleomagic?

Age of Elves?

The Elves of Dawn?

Roots of Magic?

Homo Legolasien? ;)

Varthikes
07-20-2014, 12:17 AM
Secret of the Elves

The Elf Project

T J Deen
07-20-2014, 01:37 AM
I'd call it 'Prima Materia' and add in more than just elves and include the formation of the universe and reality...Though that's probably taking it way beyond its intended scope.

Greene_Hesperide1990
07-20-2014, 02:26 AM
I hope the OP doesn't mind if I switch to the a possible premise that someone can title...

An airborne virus has spread across the globe that kills off the adult population, leaving the juvenile population alone in the chaos. In the small town in the mid-west, sixteen-year old Rob Gardiner, a farmer and an older brother, is forced to step up to the plate to give his siblings and loved ones a chance to make it through the epidemic. Yet with the growing issues popping up in the small time can they, along side the human race actually survive.

M.T.Logue
07-20-2014, 03:00 AM
Lord of the Flies 2?

Brightdreamer
07-20-2014, 03:03 AM
I hope the OP doesn't mind if I switch to the a possible premise that someone can title...

An airborne virus has spread across the globe that kills off the adult population, leaving the juvenile population alone in the chaos. In the small town in the mid-west, sixteen-year old Rob Gardiner, a farmer and an older brother, is forced to step up to the plate to give his siblings and loved ones a chance to make it through the epidemic. Yet with the growing issues popping up in the small time can they, along side the human race actually survive.

Plague Harvest?

The Dead Fields?

The Harrowing?

Elly_Green
07-20-2014, 04:31 AM

The Rest of Us

God's Children

The Spared Ones

Survival Instincts

Elly_Green
07-20-2014, 04:34 AM
Magical beasts and beings were real in Earth distant past, and this is the basis of all our myths about them. When Archeologist Eve Marrina finds the first known skeleton of an Elf, she must protect it from the government, religious nuts, and other scientists. Because it just may be the key to saving the world as she knows it from destruction.

Return of the Magical

When Elves Walked the Earth

Some Secrets Aren't so Small

Skeletons of Magic

zanzjan
07-20-2014, 04:53 AM
I'd call it 'Prima Materia' and add in more than just elves and include the formation of the universe and reality...Though that's probably taking it way beyond its intended scope.

YAY! Someone new who's gonna write just as ridiculously long, everything-but-the-kitchen-sink-but-also-the-kitchen-sink stories as I do! *high-fives*

T J Deen
07-20-2014, 03:50 PM

'My Brother's Keeper' or 'The Mark of Cain' -- was going for something that would both invert and insinuate what it means to be an older brother.

Imriaylde
07-21-2014, 01:31 AM

A lot of good suggestions already, but what about "The Meek Shall Inherit"? Or "Growing Pains"?

What about this premise: A girl is traded to the devil and has now been trained to be the perfect demon. But on a mission, she encounters a human whose difficulties in life resonate with her own. She screws up the mission, which kicks off a series of events where she has to decide if it's worth putting her own demonly life on the line to save the puny human.

Greene_Hesperide1990
07-21-2014, 08:00 AM
Hmm...Devil of a Chance, Almost Human...

Elly_Green
07-21-2014, 04:47 PM
A girl is traded to the devil and has now been trained to be the perfect demon. But on a mission, she encounters a human whose difficulties in life resonate with her own. She screws up the mission, which kicks off a series of events where she has to decide if it's worth putting her own demonly life on the line to save the puny human.

Bad Deal for the Devil

Read the Fine Print

Saved by the Human

The Devil in Humanity

T J Deen
07-22-2014, 02:48 AM
What about this premise: A girl is traded to the devil and has now been trained to be the perfect demon. But on a mission, she encounters a human whose difficulties in life resonate with her own. She screws up the mission, which kicks off a series of events where she has to decide if it's worth putting her own demonly life on the line to save the puny human.

Climb From Grace

The Devil You Don't.

Sympathy Of A Devil

Imriaylde
07-22-2014, 07:59 PM
Great suggestions!

I like the idea of this thread so I'm going to throw in the premise for my other WIP as well :).

In a futuristic society where food is illegal, a young medical student discovers that the government is controlling the people via the nutritional serum keeping the population alive.

T J Deen
07-23-2014, 01:49 AM
Great suggestions!

I like the idea of this thread so I'm going to throw in the premise for my other WIP as well :).

In a futuristic society where food is illegal, a young medical student discovers that the government is controlling the people via the nutritional serum keeping the population alive.

Welcome to Kurt Vonnegut Land!

Howard Beale
07-23-2014, 03:01 AM

Codex Alimentarius

rwm4768
07-23-2014, 03:28 AM
Great suggestions!

The Food Police

Greene_Hesperide1990
07-23-2014, 06:54 AM
Sustenance (Simply one word title)

4burner
07-23-2014, 07:19 AM
The Grapes of Malaise.

Elly_Green
07-23-2014, 06:23 PM

Nutritional Value

Hungry

The Black Market

Sage
07-23-2014, 09:07 PM

% Daily Value

Serving

Lillith1991
07-30-2014, 09:40 AM
Vampires are real. For hundreds of years the two species of vampires have been at war with each other.

Emery has grown up knowing there's no way to change this. When at a neutral gathering she meets Maria, the daughter of the other sides leader, she is swept up in something bigger than herself and bigger than the war. Will they be able to survive or will the hate between the two sides lead to the deaths of these two young women?

Howard Beale
07-30-2014, 04:30 PM
Vampires are real. For hundreds of years the two species of vampires have been at war with each other.

Emery has grown up knowing there's no way to change this. When at a neutral gathering she meets Maria, the daughter of the other sides leader, she is swept up in something bigger than herself and bigger than the war. Will they be able to survive or will the hate between the two sides lead to the deaths of these two young women?

Love Bite

Elly_Green
07-30-2014, 08:44 PM

Conflicting Interest

Neutral Ground

The Space Inbetween

maceleon
07-31-2014, 10:58 PM

Bloody Bowery

Shadows Entwined

Emery Red

Fang Fights!

Lillith1991
08-10-2014, 04:01 PM
Elves are not the tall innocent yet somehow deadly creatures of fantasy series the world over, nor the small occassionally evil creatures of lore as Jane is about to find out. To maintain their immortality once mature an elf must drink the blood of a human every decade, and one has chosen her as it's next target.

*hopes her Dark Fantasy prompt jolts the thread to life*

Sage
08-10-2014, 05:41 PM
Help, My Elf Is a Vampire!

Blood Rites

Elven Lore

Elly_Green
08-10-2014, 05:51 PM
Elves are not the tall innocent yet somehow deadly creatures of fantasy series the world over, nor the small occassionally evil creatures of lore as Jane is about to find out. To maintain their immortality once mature an elf must drink the blood of a human every decade, and one has chosen her as it's next target.

Not Your Fairy Tale

A Decade's Blood

The Cost of Immortality

Lillith1991
08-10-2014, 06:01 PM
Help, My Elf Is a Vampire!

Blood Rites

Elven Lore

That first one is....:roll:

Jack Oskar Larm
08-11-2014, 04:55 AM
Moments before our sun went supernova, one man escapes his species' total extinction. Harold Smith is alone at the edge of the galaxy. Drifting in space, air and food and patience are quickly running out ... until he makes a discovery that might just ensure the survival of the human race.

Sage
08-11-2014, 05:01 AM
In the Deep Deep Black

Lillith1991
08-19-2014, 07:35 AM
What if aliens really were living among us in secret?

It was something that never occured to Irene. Why would it? Everyone knew that even if aliens existed, they weren't interested in Earth let alone living here in secret. But when one of her classmates reveals herself to Irene asking for help saving her people, she has to confront all she knew about the universe. With her world turned upside down, she walks a fine line. Loyalty to her planet and the government hunting her new friends people, or to the person who trusted her with one of the greatest secrets the world has ever known.

On top of all this, Irene just wants to get through highschool her sanity mostly intact, and maybe eventually get a girlfriend.

tiddlywinks
08-19-2014, 08:24 AM

It was something that never occured to Irene. Why would it? Everyone knew that even if aliens existed, they weren't interested in Earth let alone living here in secret. But when one of her classmates reveals herself to Irene asking for help saving her people, she has to confront all she knew about the universe. With her world turned upside down, she walks a fine line. Loyalty to her planet and the government hunting her new friends people, or to the person who trusted her with one of the greatest secrets the world has ever known.

On top of all this, Irene just wants to get through highschool her sanity mostly intact, and maybe eventually get a girlfriend.

Cocoon: The Early Years

Elly_Green
08-20-2014, 06:01 AM

The Secret That Changed My Life

Do You Want to Know?

Frenemies and Frienaliens

4burner
08-20-2014, 07:28 AM
Biology 10-whaaa?

Lillith1991
10-14-2014, 01:27 PM
There's no words to describe what it feels like to watch your people die a slow and painful death. When she hears a rumor of a cure for the disease plaguing her people is in the human world, Acantha and her lover Selene sneak out of the enclave to find it. But some of their fellow vampires would rather die than take help from the human world, and will do anything to stop them.

cat_named_easter
10-16-2014, 02:04 AM
The Other Side
Risking the Light

And just for laughs - Dra-cure-a

Sage
10-16-2014, 02:08 AM
Blood Poisoning

leftyfelix2
10-22-2014, 11:13 PM
Current title "The Magic Suitcase."

Should there be a new title?

Summary: The intricate powers of a simple traveling bag must remain secret, although not for long. In the wake of Reefton, New Zealand's violent desolation, eleven-year old Martha Jackson's
mother makes a choice of a lifetime in saving her children from a terrible fate. Abruptly, their destiny is sealed by a mysterious enchantment that will send them through another realm to a different age and a secure style of living. Four generations have expanded on its logic and are unable to understand its driven desire to both save and create better lives for people.

Twick
10-23-2014, 10:39 PM
A Bag Full of Mystery