PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation that she received my full?

Director C
07-18-2014, 03:09 AM
Agent asked for full. I emailed it. No confirmation. I'm not terribly worried...I assume she got it. But I know that sometimes attachments make things go awry. Is it standard to send a confirmation on receipt of requested materials? Don't want to bother her and follow-up unless this is really atypical.

Thanks.

Quickbread
07-18-2014, 04:05 AM
Some agents don't send a confirmation, although a lot do. You might try posting in the Bewares, Recommendations & Background Check section under the agency's thread and see what other people have experienced after sending her fulls.

mayqueen
07-18-2014, 04:05 AM
It isn't standard. I'd say I get a confirmation maybe one out of every three or four full requests. But that's why it's good to follow-up after three months.

Katrina S. Forest
07-18-2014, 04:21 AM
Ditto. I've gotten maybe a dozen full requests out of my three manuscripts, and I think only one or two agents ever wrote to confirm they got it.

I like to assume that they are so excited to read my work that had it not showed up in their inbox within a few days, they would've quickly followed up asking where it was. ^_^

(No, I don't want to hear how my fantasy differs from reality. Let me have my moment.)

Director C
07-19-2014, 02:20 AM
Some agents don't send a confirmation, although a lot do. You might try posting in the Bewares, Recommendations & Background Check section under the agency's thread and see what other people have experienced after sending her fulls.

Thank you. She's not mentioned in BRB. She's at a well known agency but is a new-ish agent. Thanks for responding.

It isn't standard. I'd say I get a confirmation maybe one out of every three or four full requests. But that's why it's good to follow-up after three months.

Good to know. Thanks a lot. I'll leave it alone, then.

Ditto. I've gotten maybe a dozen full requests out of my three manuscripts, and I think only one or two agents ever wrote to confirm they got it.

I like to assume that they are so excited to read my work that had it not showed up in their inbox within a few days, they would've quickly followed up asking where it was. ^_^

(No, I don't want to hear how my fantasy differs from reality. Let me have my moment.)

I'm sure your fantasy matches reality exactly! ;) Thanks for sharing your experience. That's helpful.