PDA

View Full Version : Writing is a lonely game!

TheTouchOfRain
03-20-2006, 01:37 AM
Hi

I love to write but it seems I go to extraordinary lengths to avoid getting down to it! I need someone to spur me on when I'm procrastinating and to sympathise when it's just not working! Or maybe just to chat about all-things writing and the universe at large.

At the moment I'm working on a suspense / thriller type novel but I have a wide interest so you don't have to be into the same thing.

Somebody take pity on me!

Claire :-)

Bufty
03-20-2006, 01:54 AM
:welcome: Welcome, Touch of Rain. You are looking for someone like yourself - with time to spare? And who'll sympathise with you while you procrastinate? Hmmmm. You know what the problem is, don't you - procrastination. Solution? Sit down and write. This Board is better than any 'someone' by the way, and welcome again.

PS - I'm full of pity - that help?;) Good:hooray:

Anya Smith
03-20-2006, 02:02 AM
Hi

I love to write but it seems I go to extraordinary lengths to avoid getting down to it! I need someone to spur me on when I'm procrastinating and to sympathise when it's just not working! Or maybe just to chat about all-things writing and the universe at large.

At the moment I'm working on a suspense / thriller type novel but I have a wide interest so you don't have to be into the same thing.

Somebody take pity on me!

Claire :-)

Hi, TheTouchOfRain,

Welcome to AW. This is a great site. I'm also floundering now, trying, and I'm afraid not doing well, with writing synopses for my finished stories.

So, let's chat.

I'm fairly new here. Have two finished sci-fi manuscripts, one of them currrently submitted to a publisher. I'm waiting and praying. Should write the synopsis for both, becasue I think the one I submitted is way too long. I'm itching to write one of my stories, but the synopsis must be done first, so I just go online instead.

Maybe you're stuck at a section of the plot that's not as interesting. What I usually do then is either go to one of my other stories or write some scenes out of order. It has always worked thus far.