PDA

View Full Version : Adopt a literary persona!

Lantern Jack
03-20-2006, 12:44 AM
I think it would be wizard if people signed up to adopt a particular literary persona for all of April! And I don't mean a character, I mean a writer!

Really, you...

1) Change your "Custom User Title" to the literary persona of your choice, and in all caps, so everyone can see.

2) Change your profile, profile picture and avatar to reflect the writer you've chosen.

3) Every post you make, every thread you start, every PM you launch, you have to do it as your literary persona, in their dialect, making heavy allusions to their work.

4) You can switch personas before April, but you can't share. Sorry. No dopplegangers.

Here's how you'd sign up...

List your name and your literary persona on this thread. Once someone has selected a literary persona, that's it. No-one else can have it. After all, we can't have a hundred Shakespeares or W.H. Audens running around, now can we?

I'll get the ball rolling. For all of April, I, Lantern Jack, will be J.K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter books.

Now, I'd feel pretty ridiculous sashaying about in my cotton-colored dresses without anyone to back me up, so don't leave me dangling!

alleycat
03-20-2006, 12:52 AM
Well, we can't leave Jack dangling. . . the mental picture is just too horrible to contemplate.

I'll adopt Mark Twain, since Life on the Mississippi was one of the first "grownup" books I enjoyed. But just for April Fools Day.

cool_st_elizabeth
03-20-2006, 12:58 AM
OK, I'll be Honore de Balzac.

Lantern Jack
03-20-2006, 12:58 AM
Well, we can't leave Jack dangling. . . the mental picture is just too horrible to contemplate.

I'll adopt Mark Twain, since Life on the Mississippi was one of the first "grownup" books I enjoyed. But just for April Fools Day.

Good man! Girl! Vague pronoun!

And as one former Tennessean to a present one, are the cicadas in season yet?

Lantern Jack
03-20-2006, 01:00 AM
OK, I'll be Honore de Balzac.

I've renovated my profile, but this thing doesn't kick off until April Fool's (conveniently, ironically), so let me just say...

It's a pleasure to meet a fellow Buffalonian so very far from home!

Beyondian
03-20-2006, 01:05 AM
Weeeelll ... I'll adopt Shakespeare. For odd or even days when I happen to be feeling like it. :)
But don't ask me to do the 'old english' accent. Believe me. You don't want to go there. Not to say I can't do it - I can. But once I get started, I usually get a little carried away.

alleycat
03-20-2006, 01:06 AM
Good man! Girl! Vague pronoun!

And as one former Tennessean to a present one, are the cicadas in season yet?
I hope this isn't the year for cicadas. Back in about '98 they were so bad Air France stopped flying into Nashville because it was upsetting the stewardesses.

Lantern Jack
03-20-2006, 01:07 AM
I hope this isn't the year for cicadas. Back in about '98 they were so bad Air France stopped flying into Nashville because it was upsetting the stewardesses.

Ha!

scarletpeaches
03-20-2006, 01:07 AM
I considered Barbara Taylor Bradford but then I realised even I'm not that bad a writer.

Will think about this.

Elincoln
03-20-2006, 01:30 AM
I'll do Edgar Allen Poe, but I won't switch till next week.

Carole
03-20-2006, 01:59 AM
If I were up for it, I'd choose Anais Nin.

But I am not sure I am up for it...we'll see ;) It would be nice to live in a world of unabashed sensuality...

PattiTheWicked
03-20-2006, 05:47 AM
I think I'll be Nora Roberts. Stay tuned for lots of posts involving single women who buy haunted houses and find themselves falling for the arrogant yet devastatingly sexy next-door-neighbor.

robeiae
03-20-2006, 05:58 AM
I'll be Ray Wong. Stay tuned for lots of posts involving single women who buy the haunted house next door to me.

Rob :)

cool_st_elizabeth
03-20-2006, 06:16 AM
I've renovated my profile, but this thing doesn't kick off until April Fool's (conveniently, ironically), so let me just say...

It's a pleasure to meet a fellow Buffalonian so very far from home!
Thanx Lantern Jack. It's a pleasure to meet you, too. Is that Amherst, Massachusetts or Amherst, New York?

maestrowork
03-20-2006, 07:13 AM
I'm already the Fresh Fireman of Recruitment. What more do you want?

Lantern Jack
03-20-2006, 07:23 AM
Thanx Lantern Jack. It's a pleasure to meet you, too. Is that Amherst, Massachusetts or Amherst, New York?

That's Amherst, Massachusetts, where my literary counterpart settled herself eternally, but I live in Lockport, New York, but I spent the past two years busing all over Buffalo, attending Fluff State.

Lyra Jean
03-20-2006, 07:31 AM
Laura Ingalls Wilder. Probably one of the best children's writer of all time. I'll work on it. I got to brush up on her haven't read for a couple of years. Expect to see newspaper type articles on home life as that is what she did besides writing her now famous series.

WerenCole
03-20-2006, 08:16 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oh god damnit. . . I can't believe you took Twain. . . my custom user title is already Twain. . . Quentus Curtius Snodgrass was a pen name Twain used in the 1860's when he was out west. . .

I am boycotting this event.

BlackCrowesChick
03-20-2006, 09:30 AM
I'll adopt Stephen King. My profile picture already has something to do with him, and from time to time, my location and user title do. I shall change them back to something related to him when April rolls around.

Good idea, Jack!

Celia Cyanide
03-20-2006, 09:36 AM
I get JT Leroy!

Though I doubt anyone else would want him. But it's going to be fun. I don't have to keep my persona consistent, and I will be wavering back and forth between a hip young man and a 40 year old housewife.

Godfather
03-20-2006, 01:25 PM
Hmm... i'm not sure woody guthrie counts, does he?
and steinbeck wasnt a character in grapes of wrath.

i might pick mario puzo, or dylan thomas... gimme a while to think about it.
or can i pick woody guthrie?

WerenCole
03-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Okay, okay. . . I feel better now. I just was astonished that the first literary persona chosen was the one that I wanted.

I suppose my second choice will be Kirk Vonnegut, Jr. There is a lot of fun to be had with this one.

:D

Shadow_Ferret
03-20-2006, 10:12 PM
*realizes his knowledge of things literary is totally inadequate to allow participation*

alleycat
03-20-2006, 10:24 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oh god damnit. . . I can't believe you took Twain. . . my custom user title is already Twain. . . Quentus Curtius Snodgrass was a pen name Twain used in the 1860's when he was out west. . .

I am boycotting this event.
Oh, don't get in such a huff.

You can have Twain. I'll take W. Somerset Maugham.

Angela
03-20-2006, 10:26 PM
Nooooooo!!!! Dangnabit!!! BCC beat me to it. I wanted Stephen King....... :tongue

Lantern Jack
03-20-2006, 10:40 PM
Hmm... i'm not sure woody guthrie counts, does he?
and steinbeck wasnt a character in grapes of wrath.

i might pick mario puzo, or dylan thomas... gimme a while to think about it.
or can i pick woody guthrie?

If Woody's a literary figure. That's the emphasis here. No characters, but the authors themselves:)

Celia Cyanide
03-20-2006, 10:43 PM
*realizes his knowledge of things literary is totally inadequate to allow participation*

Ferret, c'mon! I mean, whatev! Don't you have a favorite writer? It doesn't have to be all hoity-toity! I picked a hipster who doesn't exist, for Christ's sake!

Jack, Woody Guthrie is an old school folk singer.

Shadow_Ferret
03-20-2006, 10:45 PM
If Woody's a literary figure. That's the emphasis here. No characters, but the authors themselves:)

Off the top of my bad memory, Woody Guthrie, the father of Arlo Guthrie (I don't want a pickle, just want to ride my motorcickle), was a folk type singer.

Celia, I have favorite writers, I just don't know anything about them other than waht they wrote. I'm not a biography reading sort.

Godfather
03-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Woody Guthrie is an old school folk singer.

uh.. well yeah...

but he wrote an autobiography.

you see, i dont know much about writers.
but lets see, bob dylan wrote poetry (aside from his songs) a novel and an autobiography. does HE count? i could play him any day.

Stew21
03-20-2006, 11:07 PM
I want to be Jack Kerouac.
http://www.jackkerouac.com/images/photogallery/001.jpg

Godfather
03-20-2006, 11:10 PM
I want to be Jack Kerouac.

now why didnt i think of that.

allen ginsberg added to my list of maybes.
(thats dylan thomas, allen ginsberg, and if possible bob dylan)

BlackCrowesChick
03-20-2006, 11:13 PM
Nooooooo!!!! Dangnabit!!! BCC beat me to it. I wanted Stephen King....... :tongue

LOL! Hey, we can share him. We can take turns having him as our literary persona week by week. One week I can, one you can, and back and forth. Wouldn't the Tet be proud? :D

Celia Cyanide
03-21-2006, 12:25 AM
uh.. well yeah...

but he wrote an autobiography.

you see, i dont know much about writers.
but lets see, bob dylan wrote poetry (aside from his songs) a novel and an autobiography. does HE count? i could play him any day.

Personally, I think songwriters should count, but this is Lantern Jack's game. What do you think, Lantern?

BlackCrowesChick and Angela, why doesn't one of you be Stephen King, and the other be Richard Bachman? What do you think? Is that kosher?

BlackCrowesChick
03-21-2006, 12:37 AM
BlackCrowesChick and Angela, why doesn't one of you be Stephen King, and the other be Richard Bachman? What do you think? Is that kosher?

That's not a bad idea, Celia. Only thing is, I haven't read any of his Bachman books yet, so I guess I couldn't be RB, then. I'll have to see what Angela says about it. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Angela
03-21-2006, 10:35 AM
LOL! Hey, we can share him. We can take turns having him as our literary persona week by week. One week I can, one you can, and back and forth. Wouldn't the Tet be proud? :D

That sounds great to me! Since you picked him first, you go first!!

The Tet will either be proud, laugh at us, or they're gonna think we're nuts. Of course, 99% of the Tet is nuts anyway, so........ :D

Angela
03-21-2006, 10:41 AM

Celia, I agree with BCC! That is a great idea!! Unfortunately, I haven't read the Bachman books yet, either! I tried to read them several years ago, and I just couldn't get into them. I'm planning to try to read them again, because I tried to read Firestarter around that same time and I couldn't get into it, either. Then I picked it up again about a year ago, and I couldn't put it down! So I'm planning to go back and give them another try. I did read The Regulators (or was Desperation the Bachman book?? Read both while recuperating from my car accident....) but I don't think I'd be able to work with just that one alone.

Thank you for the idea, though!! I would have never thought of that! :Hug2:

poetinahat
03-21-2006, 10:45 AM
http://www.fantasyarts.net/Fairy/w-b-yeats.jpg

BlackCrowesChick
03-21-2006, 10:49 AM
Celia, I agree with BCC! That is a great idea!! Unfortunately, I haven't read the Bachman books yet, either! I tried to read them several years ago, and I just couldn't get into them. I'm planning to try to read them again, because I tried to read Firestarter around that same time and I couldn't get into it, either. Then I picked it up again about a year ago, and I couldn't put it down! So I'm planning to go back and give them another try. I did read The Regulators (or was Desperation the Bachman book?? Read both while recuperating from my car accident....) but I don't think I'd be able to work with just that one alone.

Thank you for the idea, though!! I would have never thought of that! :Hug2:

Regulators is Bachman. I haven't read that or Desperation yet, but I have D on the shelf, waiting for me to pick up.

So its decided we're sharing him! Yay! Sharing! Yay! SK! This is gonna be fun! :D

Stew21
03-21-2006, 10:50 AM
now why didnt i think of that.

Do you have "persona envy"? :D

louisgodwin
03-21-2006, 10:52 AM
I haven't read the Bachman books yet, either!

The best ones are Thinner, Rage and The Long Walk.

*sigh*

Since my favorite author and his grittier psuedonym have now been taken, I have no choice but to fall back on one of my other favorites. I shall take the role of Thomas Harris.

Does anyone have any fava beans I can borrow?

dahmnait
03-21-2006, 10:54 AM
Piers Anthony (that should get my post count way up ;)) Of course you all may be real tired of me by the end of Apull.

ETA: I can always use this to boost my writing time. If I am to really act like Piers Anthony, then I need to write, write, write. I can just come on AW every now and then to give long updates on my writing and my mundane life. :D

BlackCrowesChick
03-21-2006, 10:59 AM

*sigh*

Since my favorite author and his grittier psuedonym have now been taken, I have no choice but to fall back on one of my other favorites. I shall take the role of Thomas Harris.

Louis! We didn't take Bachman. You can take him. Unless you would rather have Harris, the fava beans, and a nice Chianti...;)

louisgodwin
03-21-2006, 11:04 AM
It's okay, BCC. Cannibalism's always been a hobby of mine anyways. :D

Celia Cyanide
03-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Unfortunately, I haven't read the Bachman books yet, either!

You know, I don't think either of you have to have read Richard Bachman's books. You only have to act like him, and Stephen King has the same personality, no matter what pseudonym he's writing under. Just a thought. :)

Angela
03-21-2006, 11:05 AM

*sigh*

BCC's right Louis! You're welcome to Bachman!!

JennaGlatzer
03-21-2006, 12:14 PM
I call Dr. Seuss.

(But not for the whole month. That could get exhausting.)

oswann
03-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Jenna Glatzer.

Os.

poetinahat
03-21-2006, 03:26 PM
It's okay, BCC. Cannibalism's always been a hobby of mine anyways. :D
Bite me, Louis.

I mean, don't.

Whoops!

Celia Cyanide
03-21-2006, 07:03 PM
I've got my avatar and profile pic ready to go! Anyone else looking forward to this? It's going to be fun!

Lantern Jack
03-21-2006, 09:44 PM
Jenna Glatzer.

Os.

Toffee snout:)

Lantern Jack
03-22-2006, 02:59 AM
I just got a haircut and a shave, so I'm back to looking like Harry Potter, again, so I'm changing mine to

J.K. ROWLING, AUTHOR OF THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS.

I will be posting my new profile pics presently.

Lantern Jack
03-22-2006, 01:39 PM
I'm surprised nobody's taken the Marque de Sade yet.

Shadow_Ferret
03-22-2006, 05:15 PM
I guess I'll try to play. I'll watch the "Whole Wide World" again and I just got a shipment of four books in. Maybe if I have time I'll read "The Last Celt."

http://www.robert-e-howard.org/TDM/images/tdm_reh_studio_alternate.jpg

Shadow_Ferret
03-23-2006, 11:19 PM
Ferret ripped out a sulphurous oath and the long blade quivered in his grip as the muscles rose in ridges on his brown arm.

:) Just practicing.

arrowqueen
03-24-2006, 01:23 AM
I shall be Brendan Behan.

Unfortunately this will be my last post here as I shall be drunk for the foreseeable future.

luxintenebrae
03-24-2006, 09:22 AM
Ooh, can I have Tolkien??? I hope no one's taken him yet. Did research on him in high school, so maybe I'll remember some bio about him. I'll have to brush up though. Fun!! :)

P.H.Delarran
03-24-2006, 10:18 AM
This is such a fun idea L.J. I don't know if I can keep it up an entire month, but I'll try on Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, at least for a week or so. I've actually been told that he shares a branch in my family tree..somewhere way back..but I haven't seen the lineage myself. Anyway, (ok this is corny but it had to be said; ) "I'm a poet, don't ya know it, my feet show it, they're Longfellows!"

Josie
03-24-2006, 09:10 PM
What a fabulous idea. It's early morning here and just reading this thread has stirred my little stubborn "don't want to write" mind...

I'm Sparkle Hayter. I admire her writing and humor, her vagabond attitude and her travels in Europe. Oh yeah, she's Canadian like me!!!:welcome:

rekirts
03-24-2006, 09:31 PM
Argh! I'm torn between Charles Dickens and Robert Burns. I think I'll try Burns. The dialect will be such a challenge that it will restrict my posting and I'll get lots of other stuff done.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/rekirts/burns.jpg

Celia Cyanide
03-24-2006, 09:48 PM
If we need to, can we pop out of character and ask a real question in the regular fora? Or can I only post my literary figure's problems in the novel writing forum? "I have a problem. I want to write a follow up to my critically acclaimed novel Sarah, but I just found out that I don't exist!"

Yeshanu
03-24-2006, 11:16 PM
Ooh, can I have Tolkien??? I hope no one's taken him yet. Did research on him in high school, so maybe I'll remember some bio about him. I'll have to brush up though. Fun!! :)

K.

I'm not playing, then.

<sulk>

If I can't be Jenna, Ray, or JRRT, then I don't wanna be nobody...

samgail
03-25-2006, 09:09 AM
Sylvia Plath-from the blond era

luxintenebrae
03-25-2006, 10:23 AM
K.

I'm not playing, then.

<sulk>

If I can't be Jenna, Ray, or JRRT, then I don't wanna be nobody...

Aww, Yeshanu, now I feel bad!! :) You should take Tolkien for sure. You'd do much better at that than me!! Meanwhile, I've been looking up Douglas Adams, so maybe I can do him if no one's got him yet. I doubt I'll sound anything like him, but I can try!

Lantern Jack
03-25-2006, 11:02 AM
If we need to, can we pop out of character and ask a real question in the regular fora? Or can I only post my literary figure's problems in the novel writing forum? "I have a problem. I want to write a follow up to my critically acclaimed novel Sarah, but I just found out that I don't exist!"

Be yourself, but be yourself in the style of JT Leroy. No-one's asking you to become JT, Honey. Let's just let that particular insanity take its natural course:e2slap:

WerenCole
03-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Does somebody want to be Weren Cole?

All you have to do is talk about food and write short stories, write a new novel about twice a year and hit on young girls.. . . takers, anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Yeshanu
03-25-2006, 04:53 PM
Aww, Yeshanu, now I feel bad!! :) You should take Tolkien for sure. You'd do much better at that than me!! Meanwhile, I've been looking up Douglas Adams, so maybe I can do him if no one's got him yet. I doubt I'll sound anything like him, but I can try!

Thank you, thank you, thank you...

JRRT's taken, folks!

(Just came back from the LoTR musical. Full report later today.)

Forbidden Snowflake
03-25-2006, 05:02 PM
Can I have Jane Austen? :D

PrettySpecialGal
03-25-2006, 06:29 PM
I'll be Robert Munsch

For you non-kid types,

http://www.robertmunsch.com/

click on the storytelling link and give a listen- he's great!

Danger Jane
03-26-2006, 02:49 AM
Can I have Jane Austen? :D

Aww!

I have to think about that one. Because it could be hard :|

Forbidden Snowflake
03-26-2006, 02:56 AM
Aww!

I have to think about that one. Because it could be hard :|

Hard yes, but my favourite! :Hail:

(Well, one of my favourites..)

luxintenebrae
03-26-2006, 04:08 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you...

JRRT's taken, folks!

(Just came back from the LoTR musical. Full report later today.)

If you're not joking, I so want to go! How cool would that be?

Follow, follow, follow, follow. Follow the path to Mordor. We're off to kill the Wizard. The horrible Wizard of Middle-Earth.

Doesn't have quite the same ring to it, does it? :tongue

Yeshanu
03-26-2006, 07:11 PM
I'll be Robert Munsch

For you non-kid types,

http://www.robertmunsch.com/

click on the storytelling link and give a listen- he's great!

Hey, PSG! Now you live right around the corner from me, and your kids went to the same public school as my kids did! :D

Godfather
03-26-2006, 10:03 PM
so can we be songwriters?

Liam Jackson
03-27-2006, 01:51 PM
Hunter Thompson.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

Godfather
03-30-2006, 01:05 AM
still wondering bout the songwriter thing..

poetinahat
03-30-2006, 03:30 AM
I may change my mind. It's either Yeats, or...

Richard Hell.

http://www.jewsrock.org/words/images/Richard%20Hell10.jpg

Lantern Jack
03-30-2006, 07:57 AM
still wondering bout the songwriter thing..

No!!!

Shadow_Ferret
04-01-2006, 12:22 AM
Gah! This starts tomorrow already. I've got nothing to wear and my hair's a mess!

Jaycinth
04-01-2006, 12:27 AM
SIGH::::::::::::ok I'll stop pretending absolute apathy.

I could be one of these three:

Mary Wollstonecraft Shelly

Nicolo Machiavelli

Sun Tze

But I am still to apathetic to decide...yet.

alleycat
04-01-2006, 01:36 AM
I put mine up today because I wasn't sure when I was going to be online tomorrow.

I'm already been told I need a haircut.

Jaycinth
04-01-2006, 02:09 AM
I think I'll be 'Nicky Mach'. I don't need to give a reason. It should be obvious.

Alas, they didn't have camera's back then, so I don't have a picture.

Use your imagination. Call me " 'Lil' Nicky " :e2headban

Unique
04-01-2006, 02:56 AM
I'm a muse!

cool_st_elizabeth
04-01-2006, 09:44 AM
Adopting my literary persona Honore de Balzac, today he says:

"Between the daylight gambler and the player at night there is the same difference that lies between a careless husband and the lover swooning under his lady’s window."

BlackCrowesChick
04-01-2006, 09:50 AM
I started with mine a day ago. Since then, and here and now, I've been making allusions to Steve or his work in all my posts. I will keep it up! Some of the references may go unnoticed by some, but take my word for it, they're in there! I'm having fun already. :tongue

Danger Jane
04-01-2006, 11:21 AM
I'll try Virginia Woolf, but if I fail utterly...don't blame me. She was nuts.

Liam Jackson
04-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Speaking of nuts, I'm channeling for Hunter (King of Gonzo journalism) Thompson this month.

Hunter's take on "Death."
My concept of death for a long time was to come down that mountain road at a hundred and twenty and just keep going straight right there, burst out through the barrier and hang out above all that . . . and there I'd be sitting in the front seat, stark naked, with a cast of whiskey next to me, and a case of dynamite in the trunk . . . honking the horn, and the lights on, and just sit there in space for an instant, a human bomb, and fall down into that mess of steel mills. It'd be a tremendous goddamn explosion. No pain. No one would get hurt. I'm pretty sure, unless they've changed the highway, that launching place is still there. As soon as I get home, I ought to take a drive just to check it out.

Lantern Jack
04-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Oi, Mugglekin and wizardfolk. Wands out. It's time for a lesson in transfiguration. Direct your wand at yourself, think hard on your literary persona, give your wand a flick and mutter the incantation:

syncophantus beus likus fierus genius

The witching hour and the devil's day comes early this year---in April, and it's hosted by that most bodacious necromanceress, Jo Rowling, me:hi:

So hold on to your familiars, my little first years, it's going to be one bumpy broom ride over the harvest moon.

Godfather
04-01-2006, 01:35 PM
damn, i dont know any writer well enough

Stew21
04-01-2006, 06:21 PM
The Beat Generation begins...again.

rekirts
04-01-2006, 07:43 PM
Guid morn. Sae it begins.

Pat~
04-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Gee, I read this thread just in time. I think I might try George Herbert; great poet and country parson at the time of King James (early 17th c.). This will be a good excuse to brush up on him. Not sure if I'll be able to pull it off on every post (I'm lazy), but it'll be fun to try.

Lantern Jack
04-02-2006, 03:34 AM
Guid morn. Sae it begins.

Robert Burns? Oh, crap:)

I suppose I'll have to enlist Seamus Finnigan (Harry Potter reference) to translate all of your posts.

Medievalist
04-02-2006, 03:46 AM

I suppose I'll have to enlist Seamus Finnigan (Harry Potter reference) to translate all of your posts.

Enliste if you wish, but Seamus is Irish.

rekirts
04-02-2006, 03:51 AM

I suppose I'll have to enlist Seamus Finnigan (Harry Potter reference) to translate all of your posts.Ach, dinna fash yersel'. Thaur willnae be sae mony posts.

Unique
04-02-2006, 04:58 AM
damn, i dont know any writer well enough

Come be a muse (http://www.eliki.com/portals/fantasy/circle/define.html) with me, Godfather. There are 11 more to choose from.

Oh, yeah. They were girls.

Nevermind.

Simran
04-02-2006, 08:57 AM
I'll try Lucy Maud Montgomery.

Yeshanu
04-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Professor Tolkien is away for the weekend. He will return to the Cooler tomorrow.

Akuma
04-03-2006, 10:15 AM
I'm a muse!
So THIS is where you've been! Tramping around making threads longer than normal when you should be helping me! For shame!

Anyways, a little late but I shall be Tad Williams!

NETFEED/NEWS
(Visual: Akuma ranting and punding fist on pedestal)
Late this evening Akuma belatedly joined the "Adopt a literary persona" challenge, in which he declared himself as his long-time hero Tad Williams, author of the best-selling Otherland Series.
AKUMA: "I just want to make a difference, you know? I feel, like, a part of something big."
The challenge, created by the esteemed muggle Lantern Jack (currently flourishing the picture of the blonde cutie that lured Akuma) also required the poster to have an avatar of the proclaimed literary figure.
When approached on Akuma's lack-there-of, the young writer loudly snorted. "I'm not too good with this internet thing, ok? I can't figure out .gifs and all that ****."
Akuma was later seen attending a concert of Jesus'.

If you read the Otherland series, you get it. But seriously, the internet dumbfounds me.

dahmnait
04-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Here it is, the 3d of Apull, and I have yet to post. It has been busy here in the backwoods of Mundania. Yesterday I thought about starting my spring planting, but the rain doesn't want to stop. With the spring rains going so long into the season, it looks like the local farmers are having problems with their crops. The price of tomatoes is going to be high this year, even at the Farmer's Market. I will be planting a variety of tomatoes, along with beans, peppers, and herbs of course. I will have to let you know how that goes.

I recently read that Akuma was having problems with changing the icon to a picture of Tad Williams. I used to have many problems with the internet, but now that I use Linux, I can't imagine going without. I have added a few pictures of Mr. Williams at the bottom of this post. What you will want to do, Akuma, is to right click on the pictures and select "Save As", and save the files to your hard drive. Then if you go to change your avatar, you can select one of the pictures provided. If you need any more help than that, send me a personal message and I can walk you through setting it up. (Side note: Wife #1 and Daughter #2 have told me these were the best pictures of Tad Williams. They said he was quite hot.)

I have quite a few notes and articles that I was going to comment on, but I have to get busy writing my serious work now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that these are actual pictures of Tad Williams.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8715/tadwilliams12uk.jpg (http://imageshack.us/) http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9660/tadwilliams25zn.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)

And in case you want it:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5223/otherlandsm6hp.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)

Stew21
04-03-2006, 04:09 PM
I've been visiting Allen in New York, but I'm back in Florida now. Soon as I have enough dough, will be headed to Mexico.
I would rather be thin than famous and was asked the other day about being a Beatnik. I told them I'm not a beatnik, I'm a Catholic.

J.K.

Celia Cyanide
04-03-2006, 08:09 PM
This game is FABULOUS! I love it!

Akuma
04-04-2006, 01:33 AM
Here it is, the 3d of Apull, and I have yet to post. It has been busy here in the backwoods of Mundania. Yesterday I thought about starting my spring planting, but the rain doesn't want to stop. With the spring rains going so long into the season, it looks like the local farmers are having problems with their crops. The price of tomatoes is going to be high this year, even at the Farmer's Market. I will be planting a variety of tomatoes, along with beans, peppers, and herbs of course. I will have to let you know how that goes.

I recently read that Akuma was having problems with changing the icon to a picture of Tad Williams. I used to have many problems with the internet, but now that I use Linux, I can't imagine going without. I have added a few pictures of Mr. Williams at the bottom of this post. What you will want to do, Akuma, is to right click on the pictures and select "Save As", and save the files to your hard drive. Then if you go to change your avatar, you can select one of the pictures provided. If you need any more help than that, send me a personal message and I can walk you through setting it up. (Side note: Wife #1 and Daughter #2 have told me these were the best pictures of Tad Williams. They said he was quite hot.)

I have quite a few notes and articles that I was going to comment on, but I have to get busy writing my serious work now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that these are actual pictures of Tad Williams.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8715/tadwilliams12uk.jpg (http://imageshack.us/) http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9660/tadwilliams25zn.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)

And in case you want it:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5223/otherlandsm6hp.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)

Thank you very much! Those are indeed pictures of ol' Tad. You're a great help. Good luck with the veggies!

NETFEED/FASHION
(Visual: Akuma smiling and winking at a crowd of screaming babes)
Today Akuma sported a fashionable olive sweater and black Dickies pants. fashionably torn near the bottom. Slick glasses on the bridge of his nose, Akuma once again ensures the next popular look of American teenagers with his hand-me-downs.

Danger Jane
04-04-2006, 02:17 AM
Okay. If I am at all crabby this month, you can all blame it on Josh. Josh, I've taken your challenge. I am JD Salinger for a month. There you have it!

So...does that mean no autographs?

If I have a nervous breakdown it's only temporary. Trust me....

TwentyFour
04-30-2006, 06:39 AM
I will chose my fav....Robert Morgan.

louisgodwin
04-30-2006, 07:23 AM
Only 2 days left in April and I'm just now getting my persona thing going.

*sigh*