Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip64

sticking his oar in...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thiswriterstale.blogspot.com
Has anyone been to a reading group where the author of the book under discussion was invited along? If so, what was the format? Was a 'talk' expected? Or was it simply Q&A (followed by ritual disembowelling...)? Any suggestions from reading group attendees appreciated.
Thanks.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Philip64 said:
Has anyone been to a reading group where the author of the book under discussion was invited along? If so, what was the format? Was a 'talk' expected? Or was it simply Q&A (followed by ritual disembowelling...)? Any suggestions from reading group attendees appreciated.
Thanks.

Well, I have been to reading groups where I was the author invited, several times. I've never been expected tio give a talk; in most cases the members had read the book in advance and asked questions about it. In each case there was a moderator who introduced me.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Also, there was no ritual disembowelling. They were always very nice and full of praise; if anybody hated the book the certaily never said so! Have you been invited to a readng group? If so good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.