PDA

View Full Version : What do reading groups want?

Philip64
03-19-2006, 11:56 PM
Has anyone been to a reading group where the author of the book under discussion was invited along? If so, what was the format? Was a 'talk' expected? Or was it simply Q&A (followed by ritual disembowelling...)? Any suggestions from reading group attendees appreciated.
Thanks.

aruna
03-20-2006, 11:38 AM
Has anyone been to a reading group where the author of the book under discussion was invited along? If so, what was the format? Was a 'talk' expected? Or was it simply Q&A (followed by ritual disembowelling...)? Any suggestions from reading group attendees appreciated.
Thanks.

Well, I have been to reading groups where I was the author invited, several times. I've never been expected tio give a talk; in most cases the members had read the book in advance and asked questions about it. In each case there was a moderator who introduced me.

Philip64
03-20-2006, 03:48 PM
Thanks. That's a relief!

P

aruna
03-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Also, there was no ritual disembowelling. They were always very nice and full of praise; if anybody hated the book the certaily never said so! Have you been invited to a readng group? If so good luck!