Compare a fellow user to a TV character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
1) Optimus is Danny Hanson, Michael Rapaport's character on Boston Public.
2) Dawno is Aunt Hilda Spellman, Caroline Rhea's character on Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
3) Writerterri is Annie Jackson-Camden, Catherine Hick's character on 7th Heaven.
4) Maestrowork is Michael Bluth, Jason Bateman's character on Arrested Development.
5) William Haskins is Bender, John DiMaggio's voice character on Futurama.
6) Poet In a Hat is Jonathan Kent, John Schneider's character on Smallville.
7) Jenna is Xena, Lucy Lawless' character on Xena: Warrior Princess.
8) Patti the Wicked is Elly May Clampett, Donna Douglas' character on The Beverly Hillbillies.
9) Truman Coyote is Doogie, Neil Patrick Harris' character on Doogie Howser, MD.
10) Celia Cyanide is Lana Lang, Kristin Kreuk's character on Smallville.

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
BlackCrowesChick said:
Interesting topic...

Lantern Jack, didn't you say in another thread you're like Kramer and George from Seinfeld? I'll compare you to them, then.

So, who am I like?

My, aren't we wheedling for compliments:)

Sorry, companero. Doesn't work that way. It's a spontaneous thing. No prompted posts.

Okay, maybe this one time:

Peter, Peter Tork's character on The Monkees.

BlackCrowesChick

Uptown Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Lantern Jack said:
My, aren't we wheedling for compliments:)

Sorry, companero. Doesn't work that way. It's a spontaneous thing. No prompted posts.

Okay, maybe this one time:

Peter, Peter Tork's character on The Monkees.

LOL, okay. Thanks. I was just curious.

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
maestrowork said:
Who is Michael Bluth? Should I be flattered or insulted?

Holy God, mandingo! You've never heard of Michael Bluth!?! Brace yourself, while I mock you with impunity:)

Seriously, put short, Arrested Development is a literate, laugh-trackless comedy about a family of spoiled elite, whose Don Corleone figure (played by master bumbler, Jeffrey Tambor) is jailed for fraud or some such white-collar wickedness and Michael Bluth is the only sane, sensible character, the one who Gorilla glues the crazies into loose conformity, the shrill voice of reason:)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is the first time I can recall thinking that I don't watch enough TV...

I'm going to say that reph is Margaret Warner from the PBS Evening News Hour.

Maryn, aware that such viewing habits make her sound all hoity-toity unless you know how many hours of Law and Order she watches in a typical week

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Lantern Jack said:
...Michael Bluth is the only sane, sensible character, the one who Gorilla glues the crazies into loose conformity, the shrill voice of reason:)

OK, got it. I am boring. Checked!

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lantern Jack said:
5) William Haskins is Bender, John DiMaggio's voice character on Futurama.

I confess that I can't see the similarity at all.

6) Poet In a Hat is Jonathan Kent, John Schneider's character on Smallville.
How good to be included! I don't understand -- I've never seen more than three minutes of the show -- but hey, I'm on the marquee, so thanks, Mr. DeMille...

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
poetinahat said:
[/i]
I confess that I can't see the similarity at all.

How good to be included! I don't understand -- I've never seen more than three minutes of the show -- but hey, I'm on the marquee, so thanks, Mr. DeMille...

Isn't Bender the wise-***, android dystopianist on the show? Seems to fit Haskins to a serrated T.

As for Jonathan Kent, he's the moral linch pin in Clark's life, the man torn by middle-aged doubts and the weight of his own self-sacrificial choices, but who always opt for the bright and narrow over the wide and easy. It's a supreme compliment:)

PrettySpecialGal

roll, roll, roll in ze hay
Registered
Reaction score
Lantern Jack said:
As for Jonathan Kent, he's the moral linch pin in Clark's life, the man torn by middle-aged doubts and the weight of his own self-sacrificial choices, but who always opt for the bright and narrow over the wide and easy. It's a supreme compliment:)

Plus, he's Bo Duke.....hehe

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lantern Jack said:
Isn't Bender the wise-***, android dystopianist on the show? Seems to fit Haskins to a serrated T.
I don't see William as a wise-a55, but this is your vision, and I've been pm'd by someone who says you're spot-on.
Why thank you kindly. Not that I was suspicious -- I'm just ignorant!

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
Lantern Jack said:
8) Patti the Wicked is Elly May Clampett, Donna Douglas' character on The Beverly Hillbillies.

I've been compared to a lot of people during my life, but I can honestly say that this one is a first.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
JoeEkaitis is Troy McClure, as voiced by Phil Hartman, on the Simpsons:
"You may remember me from such threads as 'Penny for His Thoughts', 'Someone Mistook It for Reddi-Wip', and 'Classy Street Addresses'!"

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
poetinahat said:
I don't see William as a wise-a55, but this is your vision, and I've been pm'd by someone who says you're spot-on.

it's quite a relief that such behind-the-scenes summits can work these types of things out.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
robeiae said:
I didn't say he was 'spot on.' I asked if you saw the spot on his blue cocktail dress...
Write your own material, boyo.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
William Haskins said:
it's quite a relief that such behind-the-scenes summits can work these types of things out.

Aren't you going to ask Poet to apologize for saying you aren't a wise-a$$?

I have to say, I do not watch TV. At all. I know a lot of people say that and don't mean it, but I cannot get decent reception for any station, so I just watch films. So I will have to recall back to the days when I did watch TV.

Lantern Jack is Special Agent Dale Cooper from Twin Peaks, possessing a staggering intellect, and a fascination with all of the things that usually go unnoticed, which leads others to view him as somewhat peculiar. All the while, he knows what he's doing, and he's solving more than just the mystery on the surface.

Poetinahat is Sheriff Harry S. Truman.

Optimus is FBI Agent Albert Rosenfield

Unique is Catherine Martell. (played by Piper Laurie, if that helps.)

William Haskins is Benjamin Horn.

Rhymegirl is Donna Hayward (Lara Flynn Boyle).

Robiea is Dr Jacoby.

And I...I am Laura Palmer.

I apologize that this is all from Twin Peaks, but I'm afraid it's the only show I've ever really followed.

And thanks Lantern for comparing me to Lana Lang! I know next to nothing about the show, but I know who she is, and that's a compliment.

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
Threads like this can drive over the shoulder and land in the ditch reeeal fast.

Shove me in the 'out of it" corner with Celia C. I don't watch enough TV to recognize any of the names in Lantern J's first post.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Jaycinth is Dr. Temperance Brennan (the forensic Doc on Bones).
Haskins is Michael Scofield on Prison Break (I could see him going to extremes for people and purpose - up to and including tattooing clever artistic architecture all over his body - he has the passion and the creativity for this.)
And ShadowFerret seems to remind me of Hal from Malcolm In The Middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.