Negative Potato

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Negative potatoes, sometimes called antipotatoes, are an edible cousin, and the exact opposite, of the widely known potato. A member of the negative tuber family, their existence is centered around the belief that while it is possible to possess no potatoes simply by having zero potatoes, it is also possible to have fewer than no potatoes with even one negative potato. Their paradoxical existence has granted negative potatoes special properties, for which applications have been developed and commonly used in various settings, from culinary to economic, from military to industrial. Once overshadowed by "regular" potatoes in the public eye, negative potatoes gained notoriety in 1956 when they were adopted as the national food of Darfur.

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Negative_potato

Oh, the things you find on the internet!

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
There is actually a serious point being made in that article:

The negative potato was devised as a way of keeping the universe balanced, and it is said that for every potato farmed in Idaho by a wealthy American industralist, on the other side of the world there is a negative potato farmed by a dirt-poor Chinese man.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Can one eat negative potatoes to undo the damage of occasionally deciding a family-sized bag of chips would make a good dinner?

I ask on behalf of a friend. Ahem.

Karen Junker

Live a little. Write a lot.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.CascadeWriters.com
Okay, I wasn't going to bring this up in AW, but...

Two nights ago, we had baked potatoes for dinner, large russets which I hand washed and oiled and pierced. When my nephew cut into his, there was a large piece of metal - around 4 inches long and 1.5 inches wide at one end, tapering to a sharp point.

I was so freaked out! He threw it in the trash and my husband took it out to the bin immediately. So no pics.

I even went on Ask.com and someone said she's found stones in pototoes before, but never metal. I guess it could be a bit of harvesting machinery that broke off and the potato just grew around it, but...dun, dun, dun.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can one eat negative potatoes to undo the damage of occasionally deciding a family-sized bag of chips would make a good dinner?

I ask on behalf of a friend. Ahem.

from the link:

Nutritional value

Because of their contrary nature to regular potatoes, eating a negative potato is equivalent to throwing up a regular potato, without the messy inconvenience. Thusly, high school girls often adhere to a diet of negative potatoes in order to lose weight.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
^ DANG!

(that was meant for karen's post)

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I wasn't going to bring this up in AW, but...

Two nights ago, we had baked potatoes for dinner, large russets which I hand washed and oiled and pierced. When my nephew cut into his, there was a large piece of metal - around 4 inches long and 1.5 inches wide at one end, tapering to a sharp point.

I was so freaked out! He threw it in the trash and my husband took it out to the bin immediately. So no pics.

I even went on Ask.com and someone said she's found stones in pototoes before, but never metal. I guess it could be a bit of harvesting machinery that broke off and the potato just grew around it, but...dun, dun, dun.

That is terrifying! Wow. I'm glad he didn't hurt himself!

As to the OP - so this means negative calories, right? I'm in!

iLion

Why do I say these things?
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvsQ9hYKq7c
I'm sure we could apply this principle to other things, right? Like negative cars, negative houses, etc.

I bet there is someone in, say, Barcelona or maybe Rio, who has a positive auto such as a Bentley or Rolls Royce... thus allowing me to purchase a more negative auto... like a Jag maybe. You know... not for me so much as for the universal balance.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure we could apply this principle to other things, right? Like negative cars, negative houses, etc.

I bet there is someone in, say, Barcelona or maybe Rio, who has a positive auto such as a Bentley or Rolls Royce... thus allowing me to purchase a more negative auto... like a Jag maybe. You know... not for me so much as for the universal balance.

No, the article is very clear on that point. Negative potatoes were created to correct a mistake by the Dept. of Agriculture in Heaven....

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I once knew someone who baked a potato, cut it open and found a slug inside it.........

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I cut open a poke and found a pig... :poke:

Does that count?

Dennis E. Taylor

Get it off! It burns!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

There are people with negative intelligence. People so dumb that they pull down the IQ of everyone else in the room just by walking in.

arcan

Registered
Reaction score
There are people with negative intelligence. People so dumb that they pull down the IQ of everyone else in the room just by walking in.
Are they different from the people who take out a shovel when they hit the bottom? Cause if they're the same, I know a few negative-intelligent ones... WOOOOT
Or rather NEGATIVE WOOOOT