Getting squeezed by a robot hand - injuries that would only take a week or two to heal?

Zashi

Registered
Reaction score
The continent Hollywood seems to forget exists
Pretty much exactly what the title says. Someone tries to kill my MC with a large robot but they're defeated before they succeed. I wanted to do bruised ribs but it seems like the minimum recovery time is 3-4 weeks. Is it possible to have more mildly bruised ribs where it only takes 1-2 weeks to heal? Otherwise, what kind of non-bruised rib injuries that don't take too long to heal could he have?

boron

Health writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.healthhype.com
Do they need to be ribs? Does the injury need to be visible or to serve as a proof of something?

You can have a "usual," bruise, which results from the injury of the skin and under-skin tissues or a "muscle bruise," which is larger and needs more time to heal.

Squeezing an arm, leg, abdomen, chest or neck could cause such a bruise without breaking a bone.

Zashi

Registered
Reaction score
The continent Hollywood seems to forget exists
Well, I wanted it to be bruised ribs for sort of call-back reasons, about a year ago someone broke his ribs. Plus, then he can get a few days off school, whereas I'm not so sure that muscle bruising would be considered severe enough for that (as hectic as those images look haha). Would a week be a long enough time that he would no longer be in constant, pretty severe pain from bruised ribs? He doesn't need to be fully recovered, just able to walk around and maybe yell at people.

boron

Health writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.healthhype.com
I guess, 1 week could be enough...I mean, it really depends on how severe the injury is. You call it bruised ribs, but it's actually chest muscle bruise. The type of injury would be contusion. The same type of injury on one or both legs can prevent someone to walk and there is no need for broken bones. Or most convincing, if you ask me, twisted knee or ankle - it comes with swelling and you can't walk for some time, but in a week you could...

A hard punch to a kidney could cause enough pain...and bruising...for someone to stay at home for some time.

Last edited:

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
When you say robot, do you mean an industrial-type thing, or more of an android-looking thing operating under Asimov's Laws of Robotics?