Encouraging words from one of the big guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, wondering if anyone's posted this yet? I saw this mentioned on another board and just had to bring it up here:

http://acheronp.livejournal.com/18814.html

Just goes to show that something that's not 'marketable' right now certainly can be later.

*goes and dusts off her first novel*

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
Whoops, sorry. Sherrilyn Kenyon. She's huge in the paranormal market.

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
Well, I guess there's hope for me yet! LOL. *glances at my beloved mss* Not sure who will take her, but at least I know there's a home for her...someday. :)

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
Thanks for sharing that! I read Fantasy Lover a few years back, but only recently read Sherilyn's Dark Hunter series. I totally love them! I swear, they're like potato chips - you can't read just one. <G> I had to order the entire series once I'd read the first two. :)

And I have some friends who know her, and they were relating her story to me, about how she'd sold some books then gone into this slump where she just couldn't sell. And how she's now doing so awesome. So it was great to read, in her own words and the words of the editors who rejected her stuff, just what happened. Amazing. What most amazes me is just the fact that so many editors could be so wrong for so long, and then PRESTO, along comes the right editor, and BAM, massive run-away hits. Go, Sherilyn! :)

We just have to keep the faith, I guess, and believe me, I know how hard that can be. I'm in one of those slumps right now myself.

This business is very up-and-down. Rollercoaster is really the best way to describe it. <G>

Susan G.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Very true! It's why I don't completely consider Regencies down for the count. They'll wind around again. Just keep writing and shelving stuff. Pretty soon, you'll have something just at the right time (and people will consider you "cutting edge"!) :)

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
Does this mean that I shouldn't count out my YA series too? *bats eyes sweetly* With everything being fantasy oriented, my Sweet Valley High/Nancy Drew series is "old news". Hmm. Maybe I should dust those mss off once in a while... ya think?

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the rejection item from Sherrilyn Kenyon!!!

So nice to read someone like her was actually rejected so many times
and then up she popped, so successful...

Gives me incentive to carry on....

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.