• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Writing Buddy Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
I'm looking for a writing buddy to help me keep on track with my writing. Someone to bounce ideas off of and offer mutual encouragement when either of us flag.

What do I write?
I write speculative fiction, mainly horror or fantasy and scifi that's tinged with horror elements. Most of my work also covers POC and QILTBAG themes. Currently I'm working on a novel about a pair of serial killers who are locked in a literally bloody romance and how it brings their existence to the attention of the FBI.

My other project is what I'm calling a soft gothic horror novella based on the poem Annabel Lee, by Edgar Allen Poe. It's told from the view point of a lesbian vampire looking back on her life and death almost a century and quarter after she died while waiting for her lover to rise for the night.

What Am I open to genre wise for writing a writing partner?

I'm open to pretty much anything, though I would prefer someone with slightly similar writing interests. I wont deny anyone as long as we click together well no matter what they write.

Am I hopping for a long term or short term partnership?

I'm hopping for something more long term than short term. Something at least the duration of the time it takes to complete a novel and get it submission ready. I am not completely adverse to short term partnerships if that is what you want as long as we agree to it going in. I would enjoy making a friend out of this though that I can work with possibly for years to come.

Thanks in advance to anyone who posts in this thread or PMs me asking about it.

Last edited:

Cybernaught

Decker
Registered
Reaction score
I can encourage you to write, no problem. Whenever you need encouragement, let me know.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to try it for a while, short or long. Whatever works.
PM me if you're still looking.

TMCan

Registered
Reaction score
These both sound interesting. I always need someone to kick me in the butt too. I am working on a fantasy, so PM me if you are still looking.

Spiral Jacobs

Words. Words. Words.
Registered
Reaction score
Can I jump in here too? I write similar stuff to the OP-- mostly horror and fantasy, though I have made forays into straight up fiction. I have a bunch of short stories to share, under 5,000 words, some flash length. I have some time and would love to do swaps with someone who also writes short spec fic. PM me if you're interested and if lilith1991 is all booked up.

shibby

Registered
Reaction score
Choose me. I want to do something useful :)

Shibby

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.