Unexplained absence

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry for my recent unexplained absence. I've thought of you often and knew I could come here for support, but I could somehow never bring myself to do it. I guess I'll just get to the facts of it and try to keep it unemotional.

My eight year old niece Devan has been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. With radiation treatment, she has 4 to 9 months left to live. There is zero chance of survival. For the world to be robbed of her charming, sweet, spunky, and clever personality is a tragic injustice.

I will be back later, in a week or so, when my family and I have had more time to process all of this and maybe when I can really express my feelings about it all. Ok, I can feel emotions welling inside. Time for me to go.

You AWers are wonderful. I just wanted you to know I miss you all and will be back soon.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
aw, story. I'm so sorry. Life is so unfair sometimes I don't know what to think anymore.

Enjoy as much time with Devan as you can. Make her smile and give her lots of love. We'll be praying for her & your family. ((Big Hugs))

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Love and peace to you, Devan, and your family, Story.

We'll be here.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi storygirl!

E-mail anytime.

ac

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So sorry, Storygirl, and love and prayers for Devan, you, and your family.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Story, I can't express the depth of my feelings for you and your family. No parent should have to endure the pain of outliving a child, and that goes for the entire extended family as well. You and your family are in my prayers.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
thoughts and prayers for peace and healing to you and your family. I'm so sorry to hear this.

big hugs,

T.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've missed you, storygirl and now to hear this very sad news, oh my goodness.

My eyes are filled with tears for this little girl. I'm so sorry. I know there are no words that will help.

We all care about you and those you love, and will remember you in our prayers.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, this is just terribly sad and unjust, even though we all knew that life wasn't fair.

I hope you will enjoy the days Devan has remaining, and that your lives will be richer for having known her for however short a time she had.

Maryn, misty

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this. Your family will be in mym thoughts and prayers :Hug2:

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
Storygirl... as someone earlier said, no parent should outlive their child but it happens more often than we care to think about and it is the saddest thing on earth to have to deal with... the more lovely, the more heartbreaking such news is. Your time to accept is so short. You will be in my thoughts constantly and I hope you know that there are safe places you can go to help you deal with this trial.

I have a long time friend who lost her son to cancer he had battled for several years until he died just before his 18th birthday. He was her only son and for most of their lives together it was just the two of them. She had a very hard time dealing with his death and needed a safe place to help her deal with it... so she set up a foundation in his name. She has a website with a forum dealing with all types of cancers. If you'd like to have the site address, I can give it to you. They are a wonderful group of people and Just-A-Gal (real name is Trudy) is one of the most caring supportive people you are likely to meet.

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Story, as powerful as we know words can be, there are truly times that they seem so weak and ineffectual.

I'll be praying for you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.