PDA

View Full Version : Things I Hate About July...

Lavern08
07-02-2014, 09:14 PM
#1. The Heat

#2. The Heat

#3. See Above ^

Gringa
07-02-2014, 09:38 PM
swatting gnats

Kylabelle
07-02-2014, 09:42 PM
it's so hot

and mosquitoes

but, hot.

Jerboa
07-02-2014, 09:45 PM
I like heat! Still, it's been raining here as per usual anyway. But yeah. Sun is good!

What I don't like about July is that the kids are off school.

RNJ
07-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Heat isn't bad by itself. It's the humidity that comes with it. All sorts of biting bugs.

However, my birthday is this the day after all the fireworks; and I like the fireworks too.

Gilroy Cullen
07-02-2014, 10:12 PM
Hate ... hate... hate...

The mosquitos the size of birds of prey
The overwhelming humidity
The traffic trying to get away from the crowd after fireworks

The guy who wears the size 70 pants trying to wear a speedo and nothing else...

Jehhillenberg
07-03-2014, 03:04 AM
#1. The Heat

#2. The Heat

#3. See Above ^

it's so hot

and mosquitoes

but, hot.

Thank you. You, ladies, summed it up rather nicely. :D

Kylabelle
07-03-2014, 03:05 AM
which kind of ice cream is coldest?

Jassack
07-03-2014, 03:06 AM
Tourists. Arrogant, pushy, cranky, whiny, obnoxious tourists. No, my life does NOT revolve around your vacation!

Since it's tourist season, why can't we. . .
Never mind.

milkweed
07-03-2014, 03:08 AM
The high here today, central Iowa, was 69F and the low is supposed to be in the mid 40's this evening. An anomoly to say the least! But with all of our flooding I'm not complaining, the heat will be back soon enough.

Kylabelle
07-03-2014, 03:08 AM
This year is the first time in ages I have not lived in a tourist destination.

It's kinda weird, in fact.

I want to shout, "Slow down, this ain't the mainland!" and then I remember, oh yeah, it is the mainland.

:D

Marlys
07-03-2014, 03:11 AM
Grilling. So much pressure--so many expectations. Spending whole days Googling "grilling techniques," "beginning grilling," "grilling for idiots," and finally, in tears, "how make charcoal catch fire?" This time, this time I will turn out meat that is perfectly cooked edible not entirely charred on the outside and raw on the inside...okay. Next time.

I hate July.

Tepelus
07-03-2014, 03:13 AM
The heat, but so far this year it's been pleasant. The neighbors shooting off firecrackers at midnight every stinking night for the whole month. My birthday.

Helix
07-03-2014, 03:14 AM
It's freezing (but sunny, at last)

Tourists heading north for the fine weather

Otherwise, it's quite nice

Jorshington
07-03-2014, 03:15 AM
July is the greatest if only because it's finally nice and cool, a welcome relief from the unbearable heat.

Y'all can enjoy your heat.

heyjude
07-03-2014, 10:58 AM
Fireworks and how much my poor dog freaks.

I love the heat. :)

Forbidden Snowflake
07-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Flies.

Animad345
07-03-2014, 12:59 PM
Some people have Seasonal Affective Disorder. I seem to have the opposite. Since I was thirteen, I have always become clinically depressed during the summer time. I was recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder and I am now on medication, but I'm definitely feeling low now that it's hot outside.

Oh dear, sorry for the sorrowful tone! What do I hate about July? Mini-skirts and shorts. I don't like seeing that much of a person's anatomy. I guess I'm just a massive prude. :D

(On the other hand, I will be eighteen on the 19th, so I am looking forward to that.)

M.S. Wiggins
07-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Spiders.

Wilde_at_heart
07-03-2014, 05:08 PM
The heat. There's only so much the A/C can do in my house during a bad heatwave. And I realise my primary purpose for having a bbq is so I don't have to have the stove or oven on indoors.

That and my neighbour's endless bonfires. You'd think they were druids.

Tourists. Arrogant, pushy, cranky, whiny, obnoxious tourists. No, my life does NOT revolve around your vacation!

Since it's tourist season, why can't we. . .
Never mind.

I hear you ... :D

Actually, where I am, tourist traffic is down quite a bit this year. Probably the insanely high gas prices.

Snowstorm
07-03-2014, 05:28 PM
I can relate to tourist-hating. Along those lines, the thing I hate most of July is the heat and ATVers. Both are getting worse every year.

stormie
07-03-2014, 05:35 PM
After the rough winter and spring we had with the cold and rain and snow, I'm enjoying July. Home grown tomatoes (and just being near the wonderful earthy smell of the plants), the sound of people mowing lawns, the beach (I try to go either before or after the crowds), the sun, the heat, watermelon....

Oops. I'm on a roll. Sorry!

I'll be back when vernie talks about hating August.

K.P. Iris
07-03-2014, 07:04 PM
The heat and my second year of having a car with a broken A/C system. I did get it recharged last year but there appears to be a leak so recharging it again probably won't do much. That and how ridiculous the cost is even at an independent shop. Not that it matters, making plans to trade my car in at the end of the year after ten years with the little guy. Good times...

Oh, and humidity. Muggy, suffocating humidity. The only good thing about it is that it's an indicator of a shower or storm coming soon.

Booker
07-03-2014, 07:58 PM
July school holidays. Ankle biters are everywhere.

hottoddy
07-05-2014, 05:47 AM
Heat, ants, wasps/yellow jackets, mosquitoes/gnats, illegal fireworks that start around June 30th and run until July 14th. I usually enjoy hanging out with my daughters and planning day activities, but often yearn for school to start back up.

CareyWrites
07-05-2014, 04:04 PM
I'm in Florida, so I'll just agree with the heat, the humidity, and the bugs.

Also, we are just a week or two away from all the teachers starting to complain about having to go back to work. :P

Matty lll
07-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Some people have Seasonal Affective Disorder. I seem to have the opposite. Since I was thirteen, I have always become clinically depressed during the summer time. I was recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder and I am now on medication, but I'm definitely feeling low now that it's hot outside.

Oh dear, sorry for the sorrowful tone! What do I hate about July? Mini-skirts and shorts. I don't like seeing that much of a person's anatomy. I guess I'm just a massive prude. :D

(On the other hand, I will be eighteen on the 19th, so I am looking forward to that.)

Wait, you are 17 and you hate mini-skirts and shorts? :roll:

Animad345
07-05-2014, 11:42 PM
Wait, you are 17 and you hate mini-skirts and shorts? :roll:

Not all teenagers dress the same, you know. :)

Edit: I was joking, I don't really care how other people dress. But no, I don't wear mini-skirts or shorts. Personal preference.

Cella
07-10-2014, 09:36 PM
When it goes, tick...tick...tick...

Mclesh
07-10-2014, 09:45 PM
Did I mention it's too hot in July?

iLion
07-11-2014, 01:14 AM
I cannot think of a thing i don't love about July.

I love heat AND humidity. Love storms. Bare feet. Bugs don't bug me. Sleeping with that fan on at night is soothing.

Food seems better even.

And, of course, I love the ladies' skimpy clothes. What would July be without that? :D

Lavern08
07-11-2014, 09:05 PM
^ PERVERT!

iLion
07-11-2014, 11:19 PM
Hey...! Just 'cuz I love July is no reason to call me names. :D

J.S.F.
07-12-2014, 03:39 AM
It's still the middle of the friggin' month which means A) we'll have to listen to some other dribble Verny comes up with, and B) the month will end which means Verny will pen yet another mind-numbing, soul-destroying thread on things she hates about August.

RookieWriter
07-12-2014, 03:42 AM
July is my second favorite month behind October. It's got my birthday, which helps, and the 4th. July is awesome. Yes it's hot but that's fine with me. And I live in a desert!!

TheThingsSheWrote
07-13-2014, 01:01 AM
I'm from MN so while July can be lovely, lately my two hates are:

1. The massive non-stop rain we seem to be getting (mostly due to being about 3 weeks behind schedule because of our last, crazy hard winter).

2. The humidity caused by said rain and the fact that we're surrounded by lakes and ponds.

Six Alaric
07-13-2014, 02:03 AM
Flies.

Oh, this. So much. I've had multiple citronella candles on the go, both the dog and the cat hunting them down, and flies still seem to get everywhere. Makes the place feel disgusting.

Hanson
07-13-2014, 02:25 AM
lol.

my oh my.

Try an Irish or UK July.

Heat?

Wha' dat?

Oh to be in a sweltering heat, in shorts, BBQ-ing, listening to fireworks, outdoors....

IN THE HEAT!!!!

ahhhhhhh

M.S. Wiggins
07-13-2014, 05:53 AM
HumidiTy!

J.S.F.
07-14-2014, 11:55 AM
Only seventeen more days until Lavoin starts writing about the eighth month of the year.

Only seventeen more days...

;)

Lavern08
07-14-2014, 05:06 PM
^ Is dead to me!

stormie
07-14-2014, 05:31 PM
Only seventeen more days until Lavoin starts writing about the eighth month of the year.

Only seventeen more days...

;)
Okay, this is the only reason why I hate July. August.
I'm compiling my list for that month. And it'll be l-o-n-g.

Pikko
07-15-2014, 12:10 AM
July heat is well and good when you work in an office, but I work at home, so I spend most of my time with a wet towel around my neck and a bigass fan blowing on me all day. And I'm STILL hot and bothered! (though granted, I'm also nine months pregnant and that probably adds a lot of heat lol)

Lavern08
07-15-2014, 05:49 PM
... I work at home, so I spend most of my time with a wet towel around my neck and a bigass fan blowing on me all day.

I got a mental pic of you waddling thru the house and sweating and I'm ROFLMBO!!!!!! :roll:

Pikko
07-15-2014, 10:58 PM
What are you, my husband? Seriously he snickers at my waddling all the time. I'm all out of wisecracks and dirty looks already.