Unisex Showers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SampleGuy

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I seen shower scenes from Starship Troopers and Battlestar Galactic. Plus they added one in the first episode in Dominion. So is that just Hollywood bullshit or can that happen in the future.

ClareGreen

Onwards, ever onwards
Registered
Reaction score
Dude, how many question threads? It's your book, write what you want. If you want unisex bathrooms, unisex showers or unicycle sex, you can write it.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I seen shower scenes from Starship Troopers and Battlestar Galactic. Plus they added one in the first episode in Dominion. So is that just Hollywood bullshit or can that happen in the future.

I'm not sure I understand. Can what happen in the future? Unisex bathrooms/shower rooms? That happened in my college, years ago. I'm pretty sure it wasn't revolutionary.

thwaitesyellow

Registered
Reaction score
Unisex showers are a thing NOW. Ever been in a gender neutral bathroom in a college dorm? So yes, in the future...I wouldn't be all that surprised.

ETA: x-posted with cornflake.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Boys in the girl's room
Girls in the men's room
You free your mind in your androgyny
Boys in the parlor
They're getting harder
I'll free your mind
I'll free your mind

- Garbage, Androgyny

Not so radical. Unisex smoking salons, on the other hand ...

snafu1056

Registered
Reaction score
Im an expert in future bathing so yes, I can confirm that this can happen in the future.

Once!

Still confused by shoelaces
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.will-once.com
No. Absolutely not. Enstein's forty fifth law of ... something or other ... says that water cannot be sprayed onto bodies of differing genders whilst travelling at faster than light speed. Unless there is an "r" in the month.

Right now in some cultures, mixed nude bathing is allowed (and somewhat fun). In other cultures, women cover themselves up so that only their eyes are showing.

I fully expect that the future would have a similar difference of opinion.

Besides, there's one pretty obvious reason for including a shower scene in a film which does not translate quite so readily to a novel. That's why most novels have their bathroom moments off camera.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Non-sexual, co-ed bathing/bathhouses has existed in various times and places throughout history. And of course, there are those co-ed bathrooms in some university dorms (since the 80s).

It's entirely possible that they could be co-ed showering in the military in the future. But write whatever you want in your stories. Who knows what might or might not be normalized in the future?

Now tandem toilets for couples and. That's what I predict the future will bring. ;)

Last edited:

Bing Z

illiterate primate
Registered
Reaction score
Per United Federation code 12f8.2c56.98p.714a, unisex shower is a mandatory installation wherever male, female, and asexual creatures are present. Androids are prohibited to enter or use these facilities. (all hail steve jobs.)

Unisex smoking areas OTOH are prohibited except at the request of those who have passed a HAWT test (or those who have paid a hefty bribe to be hawt.)

Violators will be chemically castrated.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
All those trinary-, quaternary- and quinary-gendered aliens out there make the provision of anything other than one-size-fits-all lavs unduly burdensome on the space building industry.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Now that'd be something to behold -- a spaceport with an entire floor dedicated to lavs for all sentient species. Imagine the graffiti.

ETA: Are you getting any useful ideas from this, SampleGuy?

Last edited:

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
SampleGuy: Stop starting new threads in SFF and interact in the ones you've already got open.

Status
Not open for further replies.