Convoluted Verbosities

iLion

Why do I say these things?
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvsQ9hYKq7c
Ok! Ok! Ok! (<-- use your best Joe Pesci voice.)
I might have one for us to mess with! Altho, I don’t expect a long life on this.

I’m too lazy today (only today, of course) to see if this has already been done, or if it belongs elsewhere. But here it is. If it flops, it flops. If it's dumb... whatever. What’s to lose other than my dignity, right?

· Just for kicks… one person writes a sentence that emulates a famous quote or other generally known saying. This emulation should be as flowery or over written or murkey as possible, but without losing the original fundamental meaning. (Like if you were grossly overusing your thesaurus, for example.)

· Then the next person guesses the saying it has so periphrastically copied, then provides the next overwritten saying. Easier than it sounds..

Examples:
1. A lone avian creature resting upon a prehensile, multi-digital extremity, has an equal value to a double quantity of such creatures residing within vegitatious verdant organisms.

Which, of course, is “A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.”

2.2. A double-handled receptacle used for food preparation consigning to another somewhat similar-prurposed receptacle as pigmentationally void of all hue reflecting light.

"The pot calling the kettle black." :)

Okay? Here’s my starter:

The premature avian plume-shafted creature acquires, and otherwise ensnares, the burrowing, legless, invertebrate.

jaus tail

Banned
Reaction score
The early bird gets the worm.

Boobs for Tourism Authorities of Thailand. :D

iLion

Registered
Reaction score
Hahahaha! Nice one, JT.

Tit for tat!!

I am experiencing such deep pangs of nutritional deprivation that I could physically consume a plant-consuming domesticated mammal.

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so hungry I could eat a cow.

"There isn't any fixed nexus in the space-time continuum and which would serve as efficiently as the one in which our corporeal self-representations currently project."

Last edited:

Albedo of Zero

That didn't hurt
Registered
Reaction score
There's no time like the present?

Pulchritude is exclusively a layer of epidermis.

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Beauty is only skin deep.

Avoid shedding a saline solution over an incident involving the accidental discharge of a calcium-rich liquid produced by the mammary glands of a mammal.

Good new thread, iLion! :Clap:

Last edited:

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
Don't cry over spilled milk.

Posting early to seal solution.

New one:

If it were not a loss, it would be most certainly a victory, at which I can certainly say it is.

Last edited:

jaus tail

Banned
Reaction score
There is no substitute for victory?:Shrug:

I'll go...

Walk like my grandpa
Walk like a clock
You'll get the trophy
Tick tick tock

Drachen Jager

Registered
Reaction score
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.

Or did Shakey have it right?

May I suggest that we play this as a friendly game and not "stump everyone else". There are enough puzzle threads here already IMO.

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
May I suggest that we play this as a friendly game and not "stump everyone else". There are enough puzzle threads here already IMO.

I second the motion. This game, as initiated by iLion, is supposed to be fun. One person writes a well-known quote or saying in flowery language, and the next person reduces it to the simpler original. That's all there is to it. It's not supposed to be a brain-buster. :)

jaus tail

Banned
Reaction score
:)
So what is the correct answer to that saying?

I'll go...

Walk like my grandpa
Walk like a clock
You'll get the trophy
Tick tick tock

How about a fixed time to answer? If no one is able to decode it correctly within a day, then the forumite gives the answer...

Last edited:

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hat: Okeh, folks, let's try an easy one:

Removal from ocular perception is tantamount to exclusion from intellective apperception.

jaus tail

Banned
Reaction score
When iLion went to the grocery story, Jerry called his maternal cousins and played football.

Drachen Jager

Registered
Reaction score
While the cat's away, the mice will play.

The group of things which we should be justifiably terrified of can be narrowed down to include only our phobias and the actual sensation of irrational panic.

Last edited:

jaus tail

Banned
Reaction score
Inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide, drink water and eat fruits. Party on Saturdays and do yoga on Sundays. And while you do all these fun activities that cheer you up, be it dance or chess, make sure you don't bully others or do any act that constraints the right of any neighbor to smile.

Last edited:

iLion

Registered
Reaction score
Dang, you guys are good at this! :D And I agree above... no need to fret over any of this. It won't live long anyway. :)

From movie:
Are you communicating in reference to another person, or to myself? Are you communicating in reference to another person, or to myself?
You must be communicating in reference to myself, because I do not have within my visual sighting, any other person in this space.

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talking... you talking to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh yeah? OK." :roll: