If you could meet any one person on AW...who would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
Choose one person, from anywhere in the world. Only people on AW, though. Say, for lunch or something.

I think I'd pick Aruna. She seems like a very interesting person.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, Pam, what a good question. There are so many people I'm absolutely certain I'd like, a handful I'd like to slap, and everyone else is fascinating in one way or another.

I'm going to go with TrumanCoyote. I'm buying lunch, Zach. Order anything you want.

Maryn, who'd like a Partridge-Family-style bus and would drive around taking everyone to lunch

rich

Reph, for one. She's so disciplined--I could drive her crazy.

Eraser, too. I figure I'd get to fish the north side of Lake Ontario.

rekirts

NOooooo!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, tough question. There are quite a few interesting people here, but I think I'd choose Dawno--if she'd stop running over things long enough.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Honestly, I have four. First and foremost, would be willliam haskins. I would like to see the man behind the incredible intellect, but also see just how much of a smokescreen he's released here at AW in terms of his personality. I'd also like to pick his brain on a number of issues, literary and not.

Second would be Truman. Again, interesting intellect packaged in an out-of-ordinary sense of humor, dripping with intrigue. And on his turf (my former stomping grounds), possibly over happy hour at Macayos in downtown Tempe.

Third, I think Robeiae and I could raise some serious hell, and have a great time doing it.

Finally, I have this sneaking suspicion that Poetinahat and I have some sort of collaboration looming off at the horizon, and I can't explain why.

I don't mean to slight the wonderful women of AW, there are several I'd like to get to know way better than on these posts, but some may be too much of a temptation, and I am a good boy. I am a good boy. I am a good boy.

Last edited:

PrettySpecialGal

roll, roll, roll in ze hay
Registered
Reaction score
Jo~, definitely.

And it would have to be a birthday lunch, of course.

also SeptemberSkies and TinyTerror. That would be fun.

and I am with NeuroFizz- I'm a good girl, so I won't mention the men...

Last edited:

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I refuse to choose. For one thing I have this horribly dibilitating fear of meeting people.

Second, there are just so many here I'd like to meet that I can't narrow it down to just one.

Best I can do is say it would be female, single, young and attractive. :tongue

OK, seriously, I think for real now, (and I still can't narrow it down to just one), Jamesaritchie, Uncle Jim, and Cathy C. As long as we talked books and writing I'd be fine and my trembling probably wouldn't be too too noticable (although the profuse sweating and quiver in my voice might give me away).

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
There's a bunch of folks here that I love. So to be fair, I'll take one of you to lunch...but you'll have to bring about 50 AW friends. Barbecue...my back yard....Early August, we'll feast from my garden in addition to getting rid of those chickens that have been annoying me...I mean what idiot keeps chickens in a city...( sorry..y'all didn't need to hear that....) I also do a wonderful thing with shrimp on skewers.......

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
NeuroFizz said:
Honestly, I have four. First and foremost, would be willliam haskins. I would like to see the man behind the incredible intellect, but also see just how much of a smokescreen he's released here at AW in terms of his personality. I'd also like to pick his brain on a number of issues, literary and not.

Second would be Truman. Again, interesting intellect packaged in a out-of-ordinary sense of humor, dripping with intrigue. And on his turf (my former stomping grounds), possibly over happy hour at Macayos in downtown Tempe.

Third, I think Robeiae and I could raise some serious hell, and have a great time doing it.

Finally, I have this sneaking suspicion that Poetinahat and I have some sort of collaboration looming off at the horizon, and I can't explain why.

I don't mean to slight the wonderful women of AW, there are several I'd like to get to know way better than on these posts, but some may be too much of a temptation, and I am a good boy. I am a good boy. I am a good boy.

add yourself to that list, and I'll want to join...call it a party. I'll cook (and I'll stay out of the way, and just listen through the wall since no women are allowed. ;)

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
I would want to meet XthenavigatorX. For some reason, I visualize him looking just like his avatar, and anyone who looks like that is bound to be interesting and fun to hang out with.

I've already met maestrowork, so he's off the list.

allen

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I've already met Frank (eraser). We had a great day, and posed at the zoo in front of a sign that said, "Fish Clan." :D
I've also met Kida Adelyne, of course. 17-plus years ago. More than 18 if you count gestation... :tongue

I want to meet a whole gang of people, but I think next on my list is CC. I'm going to talk with the kids this weekend about the possibility of a three-week vacation to drive out west this year or next.

Jenna, of course. Mac, and Dawno, and Ray, and Katiemac, and Barb and Tri and Allenparker and Kevin Yarborough and...

Oh, yeah. Maryn, you can show up at my door in your bus anytime. Chinese or Italian?

Spirit_Fire

Slow-burning Muse
Registered
Reaction score
I think I'd surround myself with the likes of Haskins, poetinahat, Neurofizz, and Maestrowork. I think it's good to have some intelligent conversation from time to time.

I'd also like to meet Maryn, because she seems so nice.

Angela

Named For a Song...
Registered
Reaction score
Are you kidding? There are so many people here that I would like to meet.....I couldn't even begin to narrow it down to just one person.

I'd have to think long and hard about that one....

PrettySpecialGal

roll, roll, roll in ze hay
Registered
Reaction score
Stew21 said:
add yourself to that list, and I'll want to join...call it a party. I'll cook (and I'll stay out of the way, and just listen through the wall since no women are allowed. ;)

I'll crash the party with you, Weasley twin!

dahmnait

Just a figment…
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
When you figure it out, will you let me know?
There are too many intelligent and interesting people here that I would love to meet. If I thought about it, I would take so long deciding that I would miss the meeting.

(Ok, maybe poetinahat, based purely on location.)

Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's hard to choose one. Some on my list would include Jenna, poetinahat, Carole, Julie Worth (for an unusual reason), sherri123, Haskins, JAlpha. . . .

The one I'm going to meet soon is storygirl; I'm taking her and the kids to a baseball game if we can work it out.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
just ONE????

Status
Not open for further replies.