• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader for 40k YA Science Fiction Genetically Modified Superhumans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.createliveblog.com
Hi all,

I am in need of a beta reader. My novel is just over 40k and I am in the process of attempting to expand it without muddling the plot too much. Looking for someone to comment on which parts of the book could use more explaining (or which areas you would be interested in reading more about) so that I am able to expand efficiently.

Title: The Members
Length: 40k
Turnaround: ASAP (Maybe 2-3 weeks? It's short.)
Synopsis: This is a WIP, as I am getting it critiqued in QLH right now. So far, I have:

"Genna Layton is fifteen when she learns she is one of the government's test subjects, genetically modified before birth and outfitted with the newest technological implants and software. When she is invited to move into a house in the Los Angeles hills to live and work alongside the other five members, it seems like the logical choice to accept. According to her new boss, they are the future of America's military program.

But, it isn't until she arrives that she learns they might not survive long enough for that future to materialize. The Chinese are racing to create their own super soldiers, and the rumor is that they will attack the U.S. program imminently. When the members come to a halt on identifying the specifics of the threat, Genna does her own research and discovers the reason they have hit a dead end: the culprit is one of them.

Unfortunately, she doesn't know who. Trapped in a house full of genetically modified teenagers, Genna will have to determine which one of the members is a traitor, and which of the others can be trusted to help her take the traitor down."

I am willing to swap for a similar word count, if you are interested! Please comment here or PM me!

Status
Not open for further replies.