• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta reader sought for 75k. YA lightly multicolored and multigendered fantasy adventure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graylorne

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.paulhorsman-author.com
I’ve just finished the first book of my duology ‘The Kell Warlock’ (working title). It is a Y.A./Adult fantasy adventure in an alternate world, with a both multicolored and multigendered cast.

It is an adventure story pure and simple, revolving around the female M.C., the Lioness Maud, who is a hefty young warrioress, her lover Jurgis and his twin brother Basil, who is the Warlocky and in great trouble with the Warlockry Council. (Though sex is one of the leit motivs, it is in no way erotica. Should be suitable for everyone over 12 :)).

As this is a bit different from what I normally write, I would like a (quick) early beta read to learn how I’m doing.

My main concerns atm are:

- primarily the multicolored/multigendered parts (added Jun30)
also:
- is it a good read?
- is it convincing?
- is the storyline clear?

It’s quite possible I made grammatical mistakes. After all, I’m Dutch, and not writing in my native language. These will be corrected, but at a later stage.

Please pm me if you're interested. Thanks in advance!

NB: I'm really sorry, but no swaps! I hope for someone interested in the subject to pick it up, but I can't return the favor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.