Goal: 85K words in a month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

volxfox

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

My current goal is to write a very sloppy, messy 85K words in the month of July, thanks to Camp NaNoWriMo. I have just started a new project--a contemporary/realistic YA novel--and I'm 2,500 words in. I am excited to write a little bit (or a lot) every day, and try to reach this insane goal. Then once July is over, revise, revise, revise.

And to be honest, I'd be okay if I didn't hit it. I'm proud of myself for giving it an honest try either way.

Any encouragement or advice is always welcome!

Phoebs

Registered
Reaction score
I'm doing Camp as well!! I'm planning my story now... I might go for the classic 50k... hope I can do it. Can't even imagine doing 85k; that goal is INSANE! But I like it. You got this :D

volxfox

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you everyone!! I appreciate the kind words.

benluby

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Best of luck. I am, once again, aiming for 50k. Last time I hit 65k, but that was rather rough to get to.

JulianneQJohnson

Ferret Herder
Registered
Reaction score
Website
julianneqjohnson.com
I just got a job offer for something that starts in August. I also started my new WIP two days ago. I expect it to be around 80k, and was pondering whether I could buckle down and get it done by the end of July. From now, that's an average of 2k a day until July 31. After reading your post I think I will give it a try!

Oh, and Volxfox, TickerFactory.com created the ticker in my sig. It's a fun way to track progress.

Last edited:

FCChen

All Ogre Now
Registered
Reaction score
Best of luck with this! 80,000 words is no joke! Camp NaNoWriMo sounds intense, but I like it! :D

I hope you succeed in this, and, as a popular Koreanovela popularized, "Fighting!" (Insert a matching arm thrust here!)

Maggie McT

Registered
Reaction score
Wow 85k is serious stuff! Thanks for posting about camp - didn't know about it and just signed up : ) am a little bit intimidated as a newbie but no doubt will get the hang of it! I am 27k words into my first novel attempt. Have a job and two pre-schoolers (excuses excuses!) so am setting 35,000 as my word count target for July ...if I have 62k words by end of July I will be ecstatic!!

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like you're going to get a big chunk of work done regardless of the exact word count.

CGs and onward!

volxfox

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks again, everyone! With Camp NaNo coming up very soon, I will mostly likely keep this thread open in a tab so I can constantly read the encouragement. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.