Let's Take A Whiz on Obama!

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What does Obama Derangement Syndrome look like?

It looks something like this:

obama_urinal_zpsd2fbd913.jpg

The story:

The 2014 Faith and Freedom Coalition Conference is underway in Washington, D.C. and one of the fun features they have apparently included this year is the ability to pee directly on President Barack Obama’s face. That’s right, there are Obama urinal cakes in the men’s room.

And for all your other restroom needs...

obama_toiletpaper_zps0e0d2197.jpg

Available for $5.78 at Amazon.com. Man, they really do have everything!

Not a big fan of this sort of "bathroom humor." Or maybe I'm just not getting the gag. :e2shrug:

Last edited:

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Not a big fan of this sort of "bathroom humor." Or maybe I'm just not getting the gag. :e2shrug:

I'm not getting the gag either, but then I was raised to have a more classy sense of humor. ETA: nighttimer, the article was removed from your link.

Last edited:

ZachJPayne

Beware: #amQuerying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
zachjpayne.com
That's just weird. And kinda wrong.

Then again, if it was someone like Perez Hilton in the toilet . . .

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
Those are repulsive. God, some people are awful.
What would you expect?

The Faith and Freedom Coalition was founded by Ralph Reed, Christian scam artist, anti-gay activist, and former partner in crime with Jack Abramoff.

The fact that these people are despicable is unimportant. What's important is the political power and influence they have on the Republican Party, and thus on the country as a whole.

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
Those are repulsive. God, some people are awful.
Agreed these are crude and somewhat repulsive.

Did you say the same things about the people who hung Bush in effigy, or called for his murder, or crewed the movie about his assassination while he was still in office? Seriously, I don't know if you did or not. I wasn't active here when that stuff was going on. But it's wrong no matter who's in the office, and I find way too many people who are upset about it being done to Obama said nothing when similar stuff was done to Bush.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com

Every president has had his knee-jerk detractors and irreverent merchandise. I remember some George HW Bush doggie chew toys back in the day.

But it does seem like Obama has gotten more than his fair share of this kind of thing, and some of the hatred that's directed against him runs deeper than simple disapproval of his policies (especially considering that he's pretty darned moderate for a so-called "liberal"). Even cute You Tube cat videos have idiots ranting about Obama in their comment threads. I remember something circulating around Facebook a while ago that was taking pot shots at his daughters by showing a picture of them using a cell phone and laughing and contrasting it with the pict of JFK Jr. saluting at his dad's funeral. It was supposed to be an example of how low class these "first kids" are compared to the ones of yore, I think. Of course, the girls weren't at a funeral or anything like that, and cell phones weren't invented in JFK Jr's day, but hey, the haters never let anything like logic get in their way.

As far as I know, neither of the Obama girls has been arrested for underage drinking yet, though to be fair, they're younger than the Bush girls were.

I have a sneaky suspicion why some of these people hate him and his family so especially much. What's more distressing is how much political power these folks wield and how thoroughly the scorched Earth philosophy has taken over the Republican party. Better to screw the country over than to compromise or allow Obama any kind of victory. They don't hate him because he's ineffective, they want him to be ineffective because they hate him.

Last edited:

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Did you say the same things about the people who hung Bush in effigy, or called for his murder, or crewed the movie about his assassination while he was still in office? Seriously, I don't know if you did or not. I wasn't active here when that stuff was going on. But it's wrong no matter who's in the office, and I find way too many people who are upset about it being done to Obama said nothing when similar stuff was done to Bush.
Honestly, one of the things that I find more annoying than anything else is the "but I bet you thought it was okay when the other side did it" attitude.

It's really nice of you to basically accuse people of being douchebags when you have no evidence to support that.

How about if you think someone supported douchey behavior over Bush, you scroll through and find something substantive to support that rather than calling out people for "probably" doing the same thing. Because as far as I've been able to tell, most of us here aren't douchebags, and most of us would find this pretty reprehensible no matter who it's over, myself included.

If this post is over the line I'll delete it.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Agreed these are crude and somewhat repulsive.

There are ... several things here.

Calling for someone's murder isn't in the same realm as hanging or burning in effigy or making movies about, or peeing on the likeness of. One is nuts, the others are other things that one may or may not feel are nutty.

Hanging or burning political figures in effigy is a longstanding means of protest. Peeing on a likeness of made into a urinal cake? Not so much.

This was not some rally, at which one of the participants dropped trou and urinated on a poster of Obama. This was a Faith (heh) and Freedom Coalition Conference, something meant to be a gathering at which, presumably, ways to pursue those ideals could be discussed. I don't quite get how peeing on the president fits in there.

It's not what I'd call art, but if one wanted to consider it so, I'd think that'd be down to the creator of the urinal cakes, not the people using them.

In a larger sense, of course, people protesting all have their own causes, but people say, burning Bush in effigy were generally doing so for particular purpose like, say, belief that his decision to invade Iraq and remove its leader and the fallout from such amounted to violations of multiple international laws. I don't know what particular thing Obama has done that would logically result in peeing on a urinal cake likeness, but I'm not at one with the kooks.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
That's just gross and utterly tasteless. If those urinal cakes were put there by people working for the Conference, those people should be out on their asses. If someone attending the Conference did it, ditto. If the Conference organizers actually instructed someone to do it, I think anyone who allows themselves to be associated with the Conference deserves plenty of contempt.

That said, we don't know which of the above--if any--reflects reality here, do we?

And that said, all of this stuff is low rent, imo. Obama toilet paper, Bush toilet paper, Clinton toilet paper, etc, etc, etc.

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
When Bush 43 was in office, his opponents rallied almost exclusively around the (not terribly unfounded) accusation that the man was lacking in intelligence. For eight years the worst level of lampooning that Bush's most vitriolic enemies heaped upon him included depicting him as Alfred E. Newman, missing tooth and all.

But the kinds of lampooning and deriding that Obama's enemies resort to are just unacceptable for people who purport to know what's best for this nation. "Uncivilized" doesn't even begin to describe the depths of lowness and utter depravity that his enemies display in their not-even-worthy-of a-frat-party antics of total despicability.

There were lots of over-the-top cries back in mid-2008 that if we ever elected a black president there would be a race war. Well that race war didn't happen --not with bullets it didn't. Instead it's the law school barbarians who have stormed the gates of what used to be a semi-civilized political environment and laid siege to the legislative branch of our government with an unending gridlock of hissy fits and closed-rank refusals to compromise. This kind of bullshit is the REAL threat to this nation.

Last edited:

emax100

Banned
Reaction score
At this point it is just splitting hairs as to whether the treatment of Obama or Bush has been more classless, insulting, uncivilized and vicious. The only political movements that can claim any sort of moral high ground when it comes to their attitudes towards political opponents are third party movements along the lines of the Green Party, the Libertarians/Ron Paul movement and the true political Independents. As for the majority of hardcore conservatives and liberals, not so much, really. That is most likely a critical reason why these third party movements are growing larger by the day.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I have no problem of calling out hypocrisy where it exists, but I still think it's uncalled for to accuse anyone here of being a hypocrite without some sort of evidence to back it up.

I, for one, find this type of behavior pretty repugnant no matter who is doing it. I don't think it's appropriate to ever literally piss on a president's likeness, or burn images of him, or anything of that nature. Even if you disagree with a person or think he's doing a terrible job in office, you can disagree in an adult, intellectual, dare I say respectful way.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
Last edited:

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
At this point it is just splitting hairs as to whether the treatment of Obama or Bush has been more classless, insulting, uncivilized and vicious. The only political movements that can claim any sort of moral high ground when it comes to their attitudes towards political opponents are third party movements along the lines of the Green Party, the Libertarians/Ron Paul movement and the true political Independents. As for the majority of hardcore conservatives and liberals, not so much, really. That is most likely a critical reason why these third party movements are growing larger by the day.

They are?

Also, Ron Paul can claim a moral high ground in the 'non-insulting' realm?

emax100

Banned
Reaction score
Also, Ron Paul can claim a moral high ground in the 'non-insulting' realm?
Relative to the typical opponents of Obama and Bush, and relative to members of other political movements nowadays like the Tea Party and OWS, yes, I think so. Particularly considering that this is all relative, as it usually is when discussing politics. Not saying that Ron Paul, when analyzed by himself, comes across as an amicable guy all the time, not at all. But when it comes to analyzing civility in politics, one has to look at a guy like him relative to the competition.

What other political party or movement out there could conceivably win any kind of award for being the most civil and most respectful of those who differ, if any?

Last edited:

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Every president has had his knee-jerk detractors and irreverent merchandise. I remember some George HW Bush doggie chew toys back in the day.

But it does seem like Obama has gotten more than his fair share of this kind of thing, and some of the hatred that's directed against him runs deeper than simple disapproval of his policies (especially considering that he's pretty darned moderate for a so-called "liberal"). Even cute You Tube cat videos have idiots ranting about Obama in their comment threads. I remember something circulating around Facebook a while ago that was taking pot shots at his daughters by showing a picture of them using a cell phone and laughing and contrasting it with the pict of JFK Jr. saluting at his dad's funeral. It was supposed to be an example of how low class these "first kids" are compared to the ones of yore, I think. Of course, the girls weren't at a funeral or anything like that, and cell phones weren't invented in JFK Jr's day, but hey, the haters never let anything like logic get in their way.

As far as I know, neither of the Obama girls has been arrested for underage drinking yet, though to be fair, they're younger than the Bush girls were.

I have a sneaky suspicion why some of these people hate him and his family so especially much. What's more distressing is how much political power these folks wield and how thoroughly the scorched Earth philosophy has taken over the Republican party. Better to screw the country over than to compromise or allow Obama any kind of victory. They don't hate him because he's ineffective, they want him to be ineffective because they hate him.

There's a popular meme, Thanks, Obama, in which people blame him for minor troubles and inconveniences.

“Thanks, Obama!” is a sarcastic expression used by critics of President Barack Obama to blame personal troubles and inconveniences on public policies supported or enacted by the administration. The phrase is often used to caption animated GIFs in which the subject appears to be struggling with a rather simple task, satirizing those who scapegoat Obama as the cause of problems for which he has little or no influence.

In all seriousness, I will take a moment to thank him for my affordable healthcare as well as my sister who is dealing with some serious issues and was recently able to obtain health insurance. Thanks, Obama! :D

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website

But it does seem like Obama has gotten more than his fair share of this kind of thing...

Just FYI on this: it's become ridiculously easy these days to make "insulting" merchandise, what with all of these internet based services where products can be marketed prior to actually being made. It's a different world, compared to even the recent past.

emax100

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but there are plenty of uncivil Ron Paul--and Rand Paul--supporters. Plenty.
And I never said otherwise, hence the inclusion of the relative part. This is largely a competition between political movements and parties that are all pretty much in the gutter to begin with. Again, which political party and/or movement could conceivably win any kind of award for being the most classy, respectful, honorable and civil? That is the original question.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
And I never said otherwise, hence the inclusion of the relative part. This is largely a competition between political movements and parties that are all pretty much in the gutter to begin with. Again, which political party and/or movement could conceivably win any kind of award for being the most classy, respectful, honorable and civil? That is the original question.

Well, Ron Paul isn't a political party. But if you want to hold up Libertarians, I'll disagree straight out. Because I find them to be every bit as disrespectful and the like as members of every other political party in general. Really, in some ways they are worse, as many are even more given to labeling others, in my experience. The whole "who's a true Libertarian" angle in particular bugs the crap out of me.

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
There are plenty of obnoxious yahoos on both sides of the aisle.

But crude and vicious attacks on Obama have really taken it to a new level -- there's no splitting hairs on that one except for those on the extreme right.

But the problem is not the yahoos. It's that this happened at a major republican conference, with speakers such as Grover Norquist and Chis Christie.

You may have seen people burning Bush or Cheney in effigy simply because they lied us into a war that killed a hundred thousand people, whereas Obama is spit upon by people who disagree with the process by which he provided health care to millions of people -- not to mention that he's, yanno, Obama. But sure, it's all the same.

And what you don't see on the other side is elected leaders, influence peddlers, and fund raisers waving birth certificates and calling for impeachment over a health care program and emailing racist jokes to each other.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Some how, I don't think the answer to "What Would Jesus Do?" is "Pee on a likeness of Obama."