• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Adrian Milan Publishing

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
I'm not surprised they need to look for subs.

Editing, Developmental Writing, Proof-Reading, Typesetting, Formatting for print in paperback and eBook (Kindle), & Cover Art! $700 for a professional, high quality finished product! It's time for you to fulfill your dreams of becoming a PUBLISHED AUTHOR!

Avoid. Or, to put it in Adrian Milan Publishing format:

Avoid! Run! AWAY!

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Website is pretty painful, what with all the spinning, vibrating graphics. Oh, it also appears to be playing some kind of sound at me, judging by the icon on the tab, but I can't hear it as I have my sound off.

Anyhoo: he's offering paid publishing services and also ghostwriting services for people looking to self-publish. I don't really know why he'd say he's looking for 'submissions' - he's looking for leads. There is a 'submissions form', in fact, where you are asked to send your manuscript and a query letter (which is weird in itself?), but also to put in 'address where your book is to be shipped'.

From his LinkedIn page:

Adrian Milan is a Publisher, an author, a columnist writer, a Certified Life Coach, Motivational Speaker and a Blogger.

He hasn't worked in publishing at all and would appear to be self-taught?

Here's the blurb of a book he's written, also from his LinkedIn page:

Passions Pique is a work of fiction: Satin Silverstone is a woman in conflict. Professionally speaking she is living the american dream, but emotionally, she now finds herself at a crossroads. Satins desires have taken a dark turn with Roland Pique at the steering wheel. An african american woman from humble beginnings. She earned a full scholarship to Harvard, and blazed a trail for herself in the dog-eat-dog world of investing. From the pits of obscurity to the top of the food chain. Satin is now poised for a position as a full partner in the largest investment banking firm in the free world. But Satin is a slave to her own desires. Desires that are being fanned and manipulated by Roland. And if Roland has any say in it, he will bend her to his will completely

I'm not sure I'd hire Mr Milan to edit or proof my novel, cheap though he is.

EDIT: Here's the Amazon page for Passions Pique. (I have a feeling it should be Passion's Pique, to be honest. The apostrophe is not Adrian's pal. Also, I am not quite sure what a Penthouse suit is.)

Roland Pique, is a business savvy investor who made his billions the hard way, he earned it. Roland learned early on that the secret to true success and power is control. And it was with that in mind that he set out to build his empire with Pique Towers as his base of operations. Passions Pique was his brain child as well as his home. And from his perch on the top floor of his Penthouse suit he had managed to build a billion dollar dynasty that allowed him to have his hearts every desire. Master of his domain, nothing would ever be denied him, except that which he desired most, Satin Silverstone.

Satin Silverstone is a woman in conflict. Professionally speaking she is living the American dream, but emotionally, she now finds herself at a crossroads. Satins desires have taken a dark turn with Roland Pique at the steering wheel. An African American woman from humble beginnings. She earned a full scholarship to Harvard and blazed a trail for herself in the dog-eat-dog world of investing. From the pits of obscurity to the top of the food chain. Satin is now poised for a position as a full partner in the largest investment banking firm in the free world. But Satin is a slave to her own desires. Desires that are being fanned and manipulated by Roland. And if Roland has any say in it, he will bend her to his will completely.

Enter Derrick Billings. He could well be the love of Satins life or her downfall. Derrick knows that there is more going on than what meets the eye and is determined to protect Satin at all costs. Even if it means losing everything that he's worked for. Derrick will dig to find out the truth about what's really going on with Satin, Roland and the mysteries behind the closed doors in Passions Pique but what he discovers is a secret so powerful that it will threaten to dismantle the power of Miami’s social elite at it's very foundation, from the trading floor at Wall Street, to the very top of Passions Pique.

Last edited:

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
EDIT: Here's the Amazon page for Passions Pique. (I have a feeling it should be Passion's Pique, to be honest. The apostrophe is not Adrian's pal. Also, I am not quite sure what a Penthouse suit is.)
Judging from that synopsis, I'm thinking commas also regard him with some disdain.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
After that Seinfeld episode, I never thought anyone would use the phrase "master of his domain" seriously.

I took a look in the novel, and there's a sex scene which mentions "5 smooth strokes" and "4 gentle strokes" followed by "a chain of 20 orgasms".

Last edited:

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Judging from that synopsis, I'm thinking commas also regard him with some disdain.

I am by nature, I think, a reasonably open-minded and forgiving person; but I have been a freelance editor and I couldn't, in all conscience, charge money for editorial services if I couldn't write a grammatical sentence. And if you can't do that in a situation where you are actually selling your ability to help other people write grammatical sentences, well, boy howdy, as they say in Texas.

Mr Milan, if you're reading this as a result of a Google search, you have impressive HTML skills! Your website uses every flashy trick in the book, though I would suggest you don't use all of them at once, because it's really annoying to read. But the code seems to work fine.

Your skills at proofreading and copyediting, however, are in my opinion really poor and you shouldn't be charging money for them. It's not fair on the people who pay you.

You will make more money more ... well, more helpfully, let's say, by selling your code skills than you ever will selling your publishing services.