PDA

View Full Version : It had to happen...I fell out of love with FB

Cassiopeia
06-16-2014, 04:47 AM
Yes, it's sad but true. I am completely out of love with Facebook. It can't ever take the place of AW.

In fact, I'd say it sucks the life out of someone. So, I'm back.

Yup, you heard it here first. I'm bacccck. I am determined to finish at least one project and that includes rewrites, synopsis and query writing and looking for an agent.

This is who I am. A writer. Time I got over trying to fight it. :D

Whose with me?

alleycat
06-16-2014, 05:00 AM
Welcome back.

Cassiopeia
06-16-2014, 05:22 AM
Oh.my.gosh. You're a Supermod? *gulp*

:D

alleycat
06-16-2014, 05:30 AM
Scary, ain't it? :-)

Cassiopeia
06-16-2014, 07:09 AM
*nods frantically*

Haggis
06-16-2014, 07:18 AM
Gotta cut back on the adverbs, Cassie. :D

SunshineonMe
06-16-2014, 08:07 AM
Welcome back... and if we never met... then Hi. :D I'm in the middle of getting book 2 done. I can do this I can do this....

Cassiopeia
06-16-2014, 12:21 PM
Haggis..as always. :D

Sunshineonme...yes you can.

Literateparakeet
06-16-2014, 01:06 PM
LOL, funny you should mention this...I just left FB with a sigh of frustration and came "over here" to AW for some relief!

Welcome back.

Jorshington
06-16-2014, 02:13 PM
Hello, sweetheart. It's been a long time.

Perks
06-16-2014, 04:04 PM
Welcome back, Lady! Nice to see you here.

sheadakota
06-16-2014, 04:38 PM
Hi Cassie! Don't let Alley scare you, they declawed him. :D

Kylabelle
06-16-2014, 04:58 PM

Next we're going after the fangs.

*never saw the appeal of FB in the first place*

alleycat
06-16-2014, 06:57 PM

Oh, really?

Forbidden Snowflake
06-16-2014, 07:24 PM
I don't like FB. I wanted to delete it.

But then I move to another country and was trying to figure out a way to keep people up to date with what is happening in my life.

I know they won't read my blog, at least not the casual friends. I could upload pictures to Flickr and then share them via several messaging apps etc. and finally I sighed and admitted FB is easiest for that.

So, I'm back on there.

At least for updates about my life.

I still don't like it though.

Wilde_at_heart
06-16-2014, 07:57 PM
Yes, it's sad but true. I am completely out of love with Facebook. It can't ever take the place of AW.

In fact, I'd say it sucks the life out of someone. So, I'm back.

Yup, you heard it here first. I'm bacccck. I am determined to finish at least one project and that includes rewrites, synopsis and query writing and looking for an agent.

This is who I am. A writer. Time I got over trying to fight it. :D

Whose with me?

Looking at your post count, do you think being on AW can really help you accomplish that? :D I'm almost where I need to ask for a temporary ban so I can get back to work :tongue

Anyway, I'm a relative n00b on here. Nice to meet you. And yes, it is invariably easier and better for peace of mind not to fight something.

Cassiopeia
06-16-2014, 10:55 PM
LOL, funny you should mention this...I just left FB with a sigh of frustration and came "over here" to AW for some relief!

Welcome back.Thanks! :)

Hello, sweetheart. It's been a long time. Why...I'm not sure...um...have we met?

Welcome back, Lady! Nice to see you here.Hello, my lady! It's nice to be seen here.

Hi Cassie! Don't let Alley scare you, they declawed him. :DThey did what? Ohhhh...no no no...poor kitty. ;)

Next we're going after the fangs.

*never saw the appeal of FB in the first place* erm...Alleycat with no claws and no fangs? I don't think so. ;)

I don't like FB. I wanted to delete it.

But then I move to another country and was trying to figure out a way to keep people up to date with what is happening in my life.

I know they won't read my blog, at least not the casual friends. I could upload pictures to Flickr and then share them via several messaging apps etc. and finally I sighed and admitted FB is easiest for that.

So, I'm back on there.

At least for updates about my life.

I still don't like it though.FB is boring.

Looking at your post count, do you think being on AW can really help you accomplish that? :D

Oh Shush you. That was back in the day when I went to the rep thread and then Cassiopeia's House of Recovery for Rep Addicts and all that. ;)

Jorshington
06-17-2014, 03:10 AM
Why...I'm not sure...um...have we met?

Sure we meet. You got jorshed. Remember?

Cassiopeia
06-17-2014, 04:28 AM
Sure we meet. You got jorshed. Remember?

:D:Shrug:

Lavern08
06-17-2014, 05:25 PM
*Laverns Cassie* :Hug2:

mada
06-17-2014, 06:17 PM
I realized last night that I've been wasting time trying to form relationships with other writers on Facebook when I could have been here. My backside is a bit sore this morning from kicking myself.

Glad I'm not the only one!

neicolec
06-17-2014, 06:32 PM
Facebook has become a distasteful necessity for me. I don't really enjoy going there, but feel I must in order to see what's going on with people. Don't enjoy it all anymore. But I've become kind of addicted to AW and Goodreads!

archangel
06-17-2014, 07:27 PM
Welcome back. I mostly use FB for my business and as an extension for my blogging.

Cassiopeia
06-17-2014, 09:28 PM
I realized last night that I've been wasting time trying to form relationships with other writers on Facebook when I could have been here. My backside is a bit sore this morning from kicking myself.

Glad I'm not the only one!I'm pretty sure I thought it would be a way to do that too. Now it's just a way for me and my family to post photos. Of which I NEVER post pictures of myself. :)

*Laverns Cassie* :Hug2:Lavern! :hug2:

Facebook has become a distasteful necessity for me. I don't really enjoy going there, but feel I must in order to see what's going on with people. Don't enjoy it all anymore. But I've become kind of addicted to AW and Goodreads!FB is alright just makes me nuts that it's such a blatant privacy issue for me as well.

Welcome back. I mostly use FB for my business and as an extension for my blogging.I can see that. :)

Snowstorm
06-17-2014, 09:52 PM
:hi: Glad to see you back, Cassiopeia! I'd hoped you were well.

RNJ
06-18-2014, 01:07 AM
I don't like FB. Never liked FB. I have a page, but I don't like it. I never go look at it. My wife on the other hand FBs all the time. I prefer it here.

Welcome back! Have a seat and a nice cup of tea.

archangel
06-18-2014, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the link.

Jersey Chick
06-18-2014, 03:30 AM
Hello, old friend... You look so... familiar...
:Hug2:

Quentin Nokov
06-18-2014, 03:58 AM
Facebook is boring; it's only gotten more exciting since I added some AW friends, but even on FB people don't have lengthy conversations like we can have here! FB is for 'Lol', 'Cool pic', 'Thumbs up', and AW is for 5 page responses on our writing! That's much more awesome than one word replies or 'likes' on facebook!

Welcome back, though I'm sure we've never met. Hello!

Cassiopeia
06-18-2014, 04:57 AM
:hi: Glad to see you back, Cassiopeia! I'd hoped you were well.I am! And you? How's things in your neck of the woods. Just took a trip through there on my way to SD.

I don't like FB. Never liked FB. I have a page, but I don't like it. I never go look at it. My wife on the other hand FBs all the time. I prefer it here.

Welcome back! Have a seat and a nice cup of tea.Tea! Oh lovely, thank you. :)

Hello, old friend... You look so... familiar...
:Hug2:Yes...I'm getting the feeling...we've met before...

Facebook is boring; it's only gotten more exciting since I added some AW friends, but even on FB people don't have lengthy conversations like we can have here! FB is for 'Lol', 'Cool pic', 'Thumbs up', and AW is for 5 page responses on our writing! That's much more awesome than one word replies or 'likes' on facebook!

Welcome back, though I'm sure we've never met. Hello!Well now is as good a time as any. Hello, nice to make your acquaintance. :)

night-flyer
06-18-2014, 06:23 AM
Welcome back! :) I don't think any place can take the place of AW, even with most of my friends from here on fb, still it's not the same. Glad to have you back.

Cassiopeia
06-18-2014, 08:22 AM
Welcome back! :) I don't think any place can take the place of AW, even with most of my friends from here on fb, still it's not the same. Glad to have you back.Yay! You're still here. So glad to see you. Thanks for the welcome back. :Hug2:

night-flyer
06-18-2014, 08:33 AM
Yay! You're still here. So glad to see you. Thanks for the welcome back. :Hug2:

Actually, I was gone for a while, but just couldn't stay away. ;) Good to see you, too, you've been missed. :Hug2:

iLion
06-18-2014, 10:50 PM
Good to see you again Cassiopeia.

Maybe walking away from FB will be a new spiritual rite of passage, where one day we fix our jaws, squint hard like Josie Whales, and dare FB to try and pull us back!

Ironic that its draw is social enhancement, but in actuality can become a social suicide. It's a lot like seriously overdosing on candy.

I would definitely turn to it for possible business enhancements, however, but even then I'd treat it like a modern day billboard that needs changing once in a while lest people stop liking you. Hmm... that's more like a diaper than a billboard! :D

Fingers
06-18-2014, 11:26 PM
Welcome back kiddo. I too have been gone for awhile, but Im once again lurking here and posting from time to time. FB? Meh, never use it, don't plan on ever using it.

Shadow_Ferret
06-18-2014, 11:40 PM
FB is boring.

I'm sorry you think so. I guess I wasn't interesting enough. But just because you came here, its still the same boring me.

And I still like FB. Not sure why people think it needs to be a one or the other and they can't enjoy both AW and FB.

Cassiopeia
06-19-2014, 12:35 AM
Good to see you again Cassiopeia.

Maybe walking away from FB will be a new spiritual rite of passage, where one day we fix our jaws, squint hard like Josie Whales, and dare FB to try and pull us back!

Ironic that its draw is social enhancement, but in actuality can become a social suicide. It's a lot like seriously overdosing on candy.

I would definitely turn to it for possible business enhancements, however, but even then I'd treat it like a modern day billboard that needs changing once in a while lest people stop liking you. Hmm... that's more like a diaper than a billboard! :DLOL.

Welcome back kiddo. I too have been gone for awhile, but Im once again lurking here and posting from time to time. FB? Meh, never use it, don't plan on ever using it.FINGERS!!! *jumps up and down* How the heck are ya?

I'm sorry you think so. I guess I wasn't interesting enough. But just because you came here, its still the same boring me.

And I still like FB. Not sure why people think it needs to be a one or the other and they can't enjoy both AW and FB.
You know not everything needs debating, Ed.

Shadow_Ferret
06-19-2014, 07:20 PM
Really? *makes a note*

twbookmiss
06-19-2014, 09:03 PM
I'm a bit confused why everyone is bad mouthing FB? Its a social media that means some are socially inept or boring or just plain ignorant. Then there are groups who are wonderful and share a lot. I met my publisher there and am getting my MS traditionally published so I can't think too bad about FB. Since I haven't been here before, why is AW better? Please tell me how this site works.

Cassiopeia
06-20-2014, 12:16 AM
I'm a bit confused why everyone is bad mouthing FB? Its a social media that means some are socially inept or boring or just plain ignorant. Then there are groups who are wonderful and share a lot. I met my publisher there and am getting my MS traditionally published so I can't think too bad about FB. Since I haven't been here before, why is AW better? Please tell me how this site works.
If I might make a suggestion...why don't you create a thread with that very question or start a thread on how you managed to meet your publisher on FB. :) That would be a great help.

This is in the Office Party section of AW and as such is meant to be a fun thread.

Welcome to AW, btw.

RookieWriter
06-20-2014, 01:26 AM
Here is how I feel about it.

Facebook sucks.

Cassiopeia
06-20-2014, 01:48 AM
I'm wondering when Office Party took on such a serious tone! Seriously people...you're focusing on the WRONG part of my title...It's about ME.

I'm back...I'm back....LOL. I'm baaacck!

Let's have a little fun, shall we?:partyguy: :snoopy::snoopy::snoopy:

Haggis
06-20-2014, 02:33 AM
Ferret, why did you make Cassi quit Facebook?

Shadow_Ferret
06-20-2014, 02:35 AM
I think she got tired of all my liberal rants.

Haggis
06-20-2014, 02:37 AM
I think she got tired of all my liberal rants.

You? You hardly ever talk politics.

Shadow_Ferret
06-20-2014, 02:40 AM
I know, right?

Haggis
06-20-2014, 02:44 AM
She should read your guide to soccer. That would change her mind for sure.

Shadow_Ferret
06-20-2014, 02:48 AM

Or confirm it.

Gunzen
06-20-2014, 03:08 AM
Welcome! (I still use Facebook though)

Cassiopeia
06-20-2014, 10:19 AM
LOL. Haggis...Ferret's a good egg. Sometimes he just is a bit grumpy but he is alright. Even visited his links today. Gotta say Ferret, you have some impressive social media going on. I need to learn how to do that.

sadron
06-20-2014, 10:53 AM
Welcome back! :)