Question about personal information

shahrazad

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering if it's okay to put my parents' address on my query since that's the address I use for my credit cards and all the important stuff. I'm living abroad at the moment, but I don't know how long I'll be remaining. I'd feel more comfortable using my parents' address knowing theirs is permanent, but I don't know if that's considered dishonest since I'm on a different continent.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I was wondering if it's okay to put my parents' address on my query since that's the address I use for my credit cards and all the important stuff. I'm living abroad at the moment, but I don't know how long I'll be remaining. I'd feel more comfortable using my parents' address knowing theirs is permanent, but I don't know if that's considered dishonest since I'm on a different continent.

Certainly not a problem with that. Use your parent's address--it's more stable, and it really will not be considered dishonest at all. It's a convenience issue. That's my humble opinion, any-who

tri

shadowwalker

empty-nester!
Registered
Reaction score
Most businesses want to know your "permanent" address if it's different from where you're currently staying, whether your parents' or someone else's. It just means having an address where they know their mail won't be bouncing around on the "forward to" trail. Nothing at all unusual if you're moving about or just living elsewhere temporarily.

MandyHubbard

Once Upon a Time....
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MandyHubbard.com
If you're actually worried about it, don't put an address at all. We're not going to respond my snail mail, we reply to an email. :)

I would say more than half my equeries bear no postal address.